The simFlight Network Forums

Axes assignments stuck with PMDG 738

qqwertz

Two days ago, I installed the PMDG 738 in MSFS (all latest software, FSUIPC7  7.3.19 on Windows 11). I now wanted, for the first time since that installation, make a flight with a different airplane (Kingair 350 analog by Blacksquare), which used to work fine until now. However, I can do what I want, FSUIPC always assigns the B738 profile to this airplane. I does not so this at least for several other airplanes.

I tried editing the FSUIPC.ini file (see attachment) and removed any reference to the KingAir, and deleted its profile. I moved the new 738 entries to a different location, so that it is not the last entry in FSUIPC7. I restarted MSFS and my computer, all in vain.

How can I get the KingAir to work again? Thanks for any help,

Peter

FSUIPC7.ini

You should also attach your FSUIPC7.log file for such issues so that I can see what is happening when you load the king air...

33 minutes ago, qqwertz said:

How can I get the KingAir to work again? Thanks for any help,

Well, if you have removed its profile, you will first need to add that back in again or create a new one...

Your PMDG B738 profile has the following entry:

[Profile.PMDG B738]
1=RCAF

So that will match any aircraft that has the string RCAF in its title - so the King Air must have that string in its title somewhere.... I suggest you change that to match the B738 and only the B738,

If you still have issues, show me your updated FSUIPC7.ini as well as your FSUIPC7.log file created in a session when you load the aircraft that you are having issues with.

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

You should also attach your FSUIPC7.log file for such issues so that I can see what is happening when you load the king air...

Well, if you have removed its profile, you will first need to add that back in again or create a new one...

Your PMDG B738 profile has the following entry:

So that will match any aircraft that has the string RCAF in its title - so the King Air must have that string in its title somewhere.... I suggest you change that to match the B738 and only the B738,

If you still have issues, show me your updated FSUIPC7.ini as well as your FSUIPC7.log file created in a session when you load the aircraft that you are having issues with.

John

That is probably it. I have a RCAF livery for exactly these two airplanes, and the 738 livery from flightsim.to only had texture files, no proper directory structure. I just called it RCAF, and that will likely interfere with my KingAir.

I'll try it out and will let you know if the problem persists.

Thanks a lot, John.

Peter