The simFlight Network Forums

Wideserver connecting in Fs9 no more in Fs 2002

Hello Pete and all flightsimmers,

Since I have installed Fs9 when flying with Fs2002 the server does not connect to the client anymore.

Fs9 is doing fine.

I am still having Fs 2002 because I want to fly with Wideview , and I have tried everything , but no succes.

Even I copied to Wideserver files from Fs9 to Fs 2002, but no luck.

Who has some advice on this ?

Thanks in advance,

Gerard Salden

Team Wideview

Since I have installed Fs9 when flying with Fs2002 the server does not connect to the client anymore.

There is no difference in WideServer between FS9 and FS2002, provided you have registered WideFS. The differences are in FSUIPC.

Have you copied your FSUIPC.KEY file from one to the other, or re-registered WideFS in FS2002's copy of FSUIPC? Are you even using a compatible version of FSUIPC in FS2002?

Please check all your version numbers (see the list of supported versions near the top of this Forum). If they all all okay, check you are registered (see first option page in FSUIPC). If all that looks good, then, as usual, I need to see WideServer Log and Ini files, and WideClient Log and Ini files.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

I have found the problem.

It was in Norton Internet Security. There I have set that Fs cannot connect to the IN without my permission.

Fs 9 was set as custom and therefor it could connect, while Fs 2002 was set to Block.

When setting Fs 2002 also to custom Wideserver connected to the client immediately.

Best regards,

Gerard Salden

Team Wideview