The simFlight Network Forums

New W10 install of Flight Control Replay V5 "Simulator connection failed or SimConnect is not properly installed" ??

Hi,

This is the second time I am trying to install V5.0 (FlightControlReplayV5.0.2304.01.exe) for MSFS on to my W10 PC.

The first time I had the same message after install but got to a stage where the icon appeared in the sim but everything was greyed out. I messed around trying to update simconnect etc. & ended up completely crashing MSFS rendering it useless.

After days of re-installing everything, MSFS runs absolutely fine & now I'm having the same "Simulator connection failed or SimConnect is not properly installed" message come up.

I do have MSFS installed on a different "E" drive, so I am wondering if this is why I am getting the dreaded message & FCR is not seeing it on the different drive. SimConnect is properly installed as everything works sweet. **UPDATE: I have uninstalled FCR & re-installed it on my E drive (where MSFS resides) & the problem remains!**

Please help as I am stuck with a non functional application which I paid good money for.

Also I should mention, I am not an expert with changing code etc, so the easiest / step by step method would be great.

I look forward & would appreciate any help in solving my issue.

Many Thanks

Rick

FCR V5 error message.JPG

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Just bought the software yesterday from simmarket. Running on windows 11. I spend now 2 hours looking for simconnect versions how to implement them etc. is there an official installer site? Did not found one, only confusing discussions about different versions and issues with MSFS. There is nothing in the manual about that. 

Please advise

Felix

Hi !

If you click on OK on this message you must have FCR running . This message shows up when you run FCR (please be sure you run MSFS version of FCR) and you dont launched MSFS. If you click ok on this , FCR show his UX and when you launched in a second step your MSFS you can click on RedButton on FCR UX .

Hi,

now i got it running. The manual should be more accurate on that. The information in the manual is missing about that.

Just as a last question. Played a little bit around with the recorder and I often have crash or collision events after replaying recorded files. Somewhere I have read you must turn that off in the Sim? Only when you replay a recorded file or in general? And why?

Thx for help

Felix

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your help. You say I need to have FCR running in the background before launching MSFS, so, I tried it! it works! This needs to be pointed out in bold in the manual as I didn't see any mention of it!

Happy Flying

Rick