The simFlight Network Forums

Getting Multiple Errors Trying to Connect to FSUIPC

djp122

I have a simple program just to connect to FSUIPC, however, it doesn't work. I get multiple errors. They are listed below:

Here is the first one I get when I push the button:

FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC.

Then we I press again I get this:

FSUIPC Error #1: FSUIPC_ERR_OPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is already open.

The code:

Private Sub btnConnect_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnConnect.Click
        Try
            FSUIPCConnection.Open()
            lblConnected.Text() = "CONNECTED"
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(ex.Message, "Oh No!", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
        End Try
    End Sub

FSUIPC Verison 3.999z8

Flight Sim 2004

Hi,

The second error message (Connection already open) is because you're not calling FSUIPCConnection.Close() in the Catch block. Close() will clean up the failed connection and allow you to retry.

The first error means that FSUIPC or WideClient.exe was found, but the DLL couldn't send a message to it.

I'm not sure what might cause this. You could try running other FSUIPC applications to see if they work (e.g.  FSInterrogate2std.exe which comes with the FSUIPC SDK). I suspect they won't work either. If they do work then let me know.

If they don't work then you have a problem with your FSUIPC. In which case check the following:

1. Make sure that your program (or Visual Studio) is running at the same privilege level as FS2004. That is they are both running 'As Administrator' or both NOT running as admin.

2. If you have a registered version of FSUIPC make sure the date on your PC is set correctly.

Let me know how it goes.

Paul