The simFlight Network Forums

Additional information: Group '' does not exsist.

evanssa

Good morning and Happy New Year!

I am suddenly running into issues with FSUIPC client where I create a new Visual Studio 2015 winforms project in C# and now when I attempt to open a connection I get the exception "Additional Information Group '' does not exist". 

Here is the stack trace:    at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process(Byte ClassInstance, IEnumerable`1 GroupNames)
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process(Byte ClassInstance, String GroupName)
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process()
   at XPlaneCommNavFMS.frmRadio.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Workspace\XPlaneCommNavFMS\XPlaneCommNavFMS\frmRadio.cs:line 102
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at XPlaneCommNavFMS.Program.Main() in D:\Workspace\XPlaneCommNavFMS\XPlaneCommNavFMS\Program.cs:line 19
   at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I've created projects before and never had a problem with the FSUIPC Client - it's a brilliant piece of work for those of us trying to connect to the sim.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I looks like you're trying to process() the default group without any offsets having been declared.

It's a bit difficult to tell without seeing any of your code however.

I've attached the latest version of the DLL for you to try in case there is a bug in the version you have. This is compiled against the .NET 4.0 Runtime.

Can you post some of the code here so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Paul

FSUIPCClient3.0_RC2.zip