Before I start, please know that:
a. I have read the manual on how to download NATRACKs including checking to make sure they are going to the correct folder (//FSC/database)
b. I have confirmed the web page is current, accesible and shows NAT information.
c. I have manually download the page from inside the browser to the correct folder (again, //FSC/database)
d. I have tried both .htm and .mht extensions.
e. I have read every post in this forum on the topic that I can find.
Now that you know that I have worked hard to answer my own question, here is the problem. (I am using FSC 8.6)
1. I verify in the downloads page that the URL for NATtracks download is: https://www.notams.faa.gov/common/nat.html. (If you click on this link, you will see that it works.)
2. I use the download option in the program: Tracks/Download NATrack. No errors.
3. When I show the NATtracks, they are the 2009 version that shipped with the program, as is North Atlantic Tracks.htm and .mht in the //FSC/database folder. This seems to indicate the download is not actually happening.
4. The referenced URL opens in my browser at the same time.
1. I save the file directly from the browser as both North Atlantic Tracks.htm and North Atlantic Tracks.mht.
2. I confirm the files show the new date in the //FSC/database folder.
3. In FSC, when I try to open the tracks, I get an error message: error reading in Nattrack file!
4. When I click to show the routes again, I get the same error, but the correct date is shown, matching the dates of the new file.
5. After a few times, it reverts back to the 2009 version automatically.