The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 0898 Jetliner's N1

Yes I am creating gauges using VB6 codes and I am trying to figure out how to get it working or proper aligned.... And with offset 0898, 2 bit can have range from 0-16384. So I am not sure how to factor it up... let me give you code example

I wrote....

Dim N1Gauge as long
Dim N1Angle as long

If FSUIPC_Read(&H898, 2, VarPtr(N1Gauge), dwResult) Then
If FSUIPC_Process(dwResult) Then
End if
End If

N1Gauge = 0 ?? <--- Is that what it should be?
 N1Angle = N1Gauge

If N1Gauge > 0.1 Then N1Angle = 0.1
 Else
 If N1Gauge <  0.1 Then N1Angle = 200
End If

This didn't once worked I must have it factored up wrong or the code is wrong. Let me know

If FSUIPC_Read(&H898, 2, VarPtr(N1Gauge), dwResult) Then
    If FSUIPC_Process(dwResult) Then
        Isn't something aupposed to be here???
    End if
End If

Overall, this confuses me. If I understand correctly, you're checking to see IF... FSUIPC_Read(&H898, 2, VarPtr(N1Gauge), dwResult) is >0 but if so, you're then checking to see IF... FSUIPC_Process(dwResult) is > 0, but if so, there's nothing happening.

N1Gauge = 0 ?? <--- Is that what it should be?
 N1Angle = N1Gauge

This assigns a zero value to N1Gauge and then makes N1Angle also equal 0.

If N1Gauge > 0.1 Then N1Angle = 0.1
 Else
 If N1Gauge <  0.1 Then N1Angle = 200
End If

So then why would you check to see if N1Gauge is > 0.1 when you just assigned it to zero. Also, N1Gauge would never be < 0.1. Zero is the lowest value that H898 returns.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

The code gived above was an example code... its not a determine to be written. This is why I brought up question, i just wanted to know what is need to be factored up to get exact value out of the offset 0898...What I am trying to accomplish is getting the null value to max value to be able generate gauge movement, and display correct number on label.caption.. I constantly getting werid number such as 0 to 16384, not 0-100 percent or something.

Hope that clears up....

Okay, I think I understand now, this makes more sence in relation to the Factor Question. So you want to covert 0-16384 to 0-100? That's easy Percentage = InputValue / 163.84. This will give you the 0-100 percentage.

To scale the 0-16384 to 0-100, use 16384/100=163.84.

If you want to scale it to an RPM, let's say a max RPM of 2000, use 16384/2000=8.192

Is this what you're looking for?