The simFlight Network Forums

Is it possible to map analog throttle to spoilers??

I saw the post below with instructions on how to assign a USB Yoke mixture control to the spoilers. I've tried to assign my CH Yoke Throttle to the spoiler axis with no success. I went into the axis assignment and double clicked on spoiler axis, but when I move the throttle there is no response in the axis box. If I move the yoke itself I get a response, but ofcourse I need the yoke to fly. Any idea how I can get this working?? Thanks in advance.

Guest Frank Oberbuchner

Hi Richard,

I went into the axis assignment and double clicked on spoiler axis, but when I move the throttle there is no response in the axis box. If I move the yoke itself I get a response, but ofcourse I need the yoke to fly.

do you get a response when you try to assign the throttle axis to the throttle?

Your problem might be that FS does not see the throttle axis of your CH Yoke. You could try to delete or rename the FS2002.cfg in the FS root folder and then restart FS. This forces the sim to scan for connected hardware and create a new cfg-file. If the CH Yoke is properly recognised then it should be possible to assign all axes as you want hem.

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Frank

Your problem might be that FS does not see the throttle axis of your CH Yoke. You could try to delete or rename the FS2002.cfg in the FS root folder and then restart FS. This forces the sim to scan for connected hardware and create a new cfg-file. If the CH Yoke is properly recognised then it should be possible to assign all axes as you want hem.

Hi Frank,

I tried deleting the FS config file and restarting the sim but even then FS does not recognize the yoke throttle. I also tried assigning the my CH F16 fighterstick throttle to the spoiler axis but that is not recognized either. I am wondering if FS cannot recognize to analog sliders at once.

Hi Frank,

I tried deleting the FS config file and restarting the sim but even then FS does not recognize the yoke throttle. I also tried assigning the my CH F16 fighterstick throttle to the spoiler axis but that is not recognized either. I am wondering if FS cannot recognize to analog sliders at once.

Hi Frank,

Hi Frank,

Guest Frank Oberbuchner

Hi Richard,

Hmmm..., strange

First of all have a Look into the gamecontroller applet of the controlpanel. Are all joysticks properly recognised and can be tested? If not remove them all and reinstall them one by one.

Also if there are several sticks connected FS makes quite a mess by assigning every function to every stick. This can be very confusing for instance when aileron and elevator are assigned to the CH Yoke and also to the CH Pedals. You must go to assignments and rearrange everything especially remove all assignments for joysticks you don't use in FS2002. But still FS can screw up things when you next time start the sim. To prevent this from happening open fs2002.cfg with notepad and add the entry locked=1 to every joystick section just under the joystick-ID.

Hope it helps!

If not someone else should jump in here now, I'm off for hollydays tomorrow.

Regards

Frank

Guest Frank Oberbuchner

Hi Richard,

Hmmm..., strange

First of all have a Look into the gamecontroller applet of the controlpanel. Are all joysticks properly recognised and can be tested? If not remove them all and reinstall them one by one.

Also if there are several sticks connected FS makes quite a mess by assigning every function to every stick. This can be very confusing for instance when aileron and elevator are assigned to the CH Yoke and also to the CH Pedals. You must go to assignments and rearrange everything especially remove all assignments for joysticks you don't use in FS2002. But still FS can screw up things when you next time start the sim. To prevent this from happening open fs2002.cfg with notepad and add the entry locked=1 to every joystick section just under the joystick-ID.

Hope it helps!

If not someone else should jump in here now, I'm off for hollydays tomorrow.

Regards

Frank