The simFlight Network Forums

Flap Control Help Needed

Guest RichardL

Guest RichardL

Having trouble getting flaps to work again.

They were working fine with FlapSetControl=66291 while running ME. Upgraded to XP Home (reloaded FS2002) and can't seem to get the flaps working again. I don't think the OS would cause my problem.

Have set up flap control according to Advanced User Guide. I can see the axis move when looking at the FS2002 joystick calibration section. But when I look at Flaps under FSUIPC, I see no change in values while moving th flap lever.

I have tried:

AXIS_PAN_HEADING

AXIS_PROPELLER_SET

AXIS_RUDDER_SET

AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET

No FSUIPC flap movement on any of these.

Any ideas?

Richard

Guest RichardL

They were working fine with FlapSetControl=66291 while running ME. Upgraded to XP Home (reloaded FS2002) and can't seem to get the flaps working again. I don't think the OS would cause my problem.

Have set up flap control according to Advanced User Guide. I can see the axis move when looking at the FS2002 joystick calibration section. But when I look at Flaps under FSUIPC, I see no change in values while moving th flap lever.

I have tried:

AXIS_PAN_HEADING

AXIS_PROPELLER_SET

AXIS_RUDDER_SET

AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET

Any ideas?

Richard

Richard:

In FSUIPC, does the "dummy" axis you are using respond to the flaps control input if you disable any mapping in FSUIPC? If not and yet visible in FS you might try replacing FSUIPC.dll in the modules folder.

If it does then double check the FS2k2 control # you are mapping for the axis and your syntax in FSUIPC.ini and make certain you are restarting FS after any changes.

I'm using FlapsSetControl=66431 for AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET.

Also be certain the control sensitivity is maxed and null 0.

Good luck!

Scott

I have tried:

AXIS_PAN_HEADING

AXIS_PROPELLER_SET

AXIS_RUDDER_SET

AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET

Any ideas?

Richard

Richard:

In FSUIPC, does the "dummy" axis you are using respond to the flaps control input if you disable any mapping in FSUIPC? If not and yet visible in FS you might try replacing FSUIPC.dll in the modules folder.

If it does then double check the FS2k2 control # you are mapping for the axis and your syntax in FSUIPC.ini and make certain you are restarting FS after any changes.

I'm using FlapsSetControl=66431 for AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET.

Also be certain the control sensitivity is maxed and null 0.

Good luck!

Scott

I have tried:

AXIS_PAN_HEADING

AXIS_PROPELLER_SET

AXIS_RUDDER_SET

AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET

Any ideas?

Richard

Guest RichardL

Hi Scott,

Thanks for opening my eyes! It was the joystick sensitivity. It was at minimum. Never thought to look there once I reloaded everything.

After I unlocked (Locked=0) the joystick, I could move the FS sensitivity to max. From there I went to FSUIPC and saw axis movement.

Just need to do some fine tuning.

Many thanks,

Richard

Guest RichardL

Hi Scott,

Thanks for opening my eyes! It was the joystick sensitivity. It was at minimum. Never thought to look there once I reloaded everything.

After I unlocked (Locked=0) the joystick, I could move the FS sensitivity to max. From there I went to FSUIPC and saw axis movement.

Just need to do some fine tuning.

Many thanks,

Richard