The simFlight Network Forums

PTT Problem

I'm running WideFS 6.5 and FSUIPC 3.5. I mapped a button on my Joystick following the instructions in FSUIPC and it pushes to talk alright, but then it sticks open. Anybody got any ideas? Is there anything different that needs to be set in SB3? BTW, the first time I tried to do this is after I installed the new versions. Oh, and for what it's worth, I have a fully registered version of both products. Thanks

I'm running WideFS 6.5 and FSUIPC 3.5. I mapped a button on my Joystick following the instructions in FSUIPC and it pushes to talk alright, but then it sticks open. Anybody got any ideas? Is there anything different that needs to be set in SB3? BTW, the first time I tried to do this is after I installed the new versions. Oh, and for what it's worth, I have a fully registered version of both products. Thanks

Did you set up both fields as in PTT Transmit and PTT OFF or whatevfer it says? or did you just put PTT ON in one field and call it good?

I set up both fields just like stated in the documentation. Only way I could get rid of it was to delete the config file and restart FS9, then restart SB3. Even rebooting both PCs gave me a mic on without even touching the joystick.

If your mic is on without touching the joystic then that would be a joystick issue; FSUIPC cant make your joystick start transmitting.

I'm not suggesting that FSUIPC makes my joystick start transmitting. What I am suggesting is that if my joystick causes FSUIPC to notify Squawkbox on the other PC that my mic should be open, and it doesn't instruct it to close the mic, then the mic is going to stay open till I shut down and restart Squawkbox. That's what appears to be happening. My last message might not have been totally correct because I'm not sure exactly what the order was that I tried different things. I do know that the way I got it to stop was to delete the FSUIPC config file, restart flight simulator, then restart Squawkbox. Basically just removing the button mapping from the config file and restarting SB afterward. I'll try remapping to a different button, but I've never had any issues with any of the joystick buttons in the past.