The simFlight Network Forums

GPS GNS 430/530

Does any one know if the image below is being driven by a seperate pc via NMEA or AV400 with GPSout?

If so I would love to do the same if anyone has any info, I would love to know he details.

baron-gns2.jpg

This is not a real Garmin, but my "mockup" panel - a front panel that has the Reality XP garmin gauge running in a small LCD screen.

//Tuomas

I do realize that, but is it on the same pc as FS2004 or networked gps?

The RealityXP GPS is a *fs2004 gauge* - thus is has to be in the same PC.

http://www.reality-xp.com

The screen is a small 5" LCD (originally manufactured for the Sony Playstation ONE, driven from the TV out of my videocard - as a second monitor in Windows) - the GPS gauge panel is undocked and moved to the LCD screen and scaled to the full size.

//T

I do realize that, but is it on the same pc as FS2004 or networked gps?

The RealityXP GPS is a *fs2004 gauge* - thus is has to be in the same PC.

http://www.reality-xp.com

The screen is a small 5" LCD (originally manufactured for the Sony Playstation ONE, driven from the TV out of my videocard - as a second monitor in Windows) - the GPS gauge panel is undocked and moved to the LCD screen and scaled to the full size.

//T

very cool... I must say, Job well done...

Nice work... you got the panelwork from Schaeffer? Looks like their engraved metal panels...

Any solutions already for the dual rotaries in the panel? If you use the PSOne screen , don't you have trouble with clearances around the switches?

I'm a real RealityXP fan myself and I'm currently attempting to write a program that can link several copies of FS over a network. Kind of like WidevieW, but more specific to panels. So it doesn't focus on the outside visuals primarily, but syncing every bit of data that's in gauges, so engines, navigation, GPS, etc...

Is there a way to transfer flight plans through FSUIPC? I know I can get the inbound FIX and DTK from the GPS values, but I'm not sure if it's possible to transfer a complete flight plan.

Nice work... you got the panelwork from Schaeffer? Looks like their engraved metal panels...

Yep. http://www.schaeffer-ag.de - pretty good tool they have :)

Any solutions already for the dual rotaries in the panel? If you use the PSOne screen , don't you have trouble with clearances around the switches?

Well, it fits just barely :) The switches are Bourns rotary encoders on the pcboard that have a hole through them:

bourns-hollow-encoder.jpg

And I have them on the pcboard, epoxy glued a 5mm brass tube on the hole. Then there is a regular encoder with a pushbutton behind, using a 3mm brass rod as a shaft, that goes through the tube.

gns-pcb-ready2.jpg

It's crazy, but it's awesome too to actually see it starting to work..

I'm a real RealityXP fan myself and I'm currently attempting to write a program that can link several copies of FS over a network. Kind of like WidevieW, but more specific to panels. So it doesn't focus on the outside visuals primarily, but syncing every bit of data that's in gauges, so engines, navigation, GPS, etc...

Is there a way to transfer flight plans through FSUIPC? I know I can get the inbound FIX and DTK from the GPS values, but I'm not sure if it's possible to transfer a complete flight plan.

At least the Reality XP GPS has an option to copy the GNS flight plan to the default GPS on FS.

I dont know much about that yet though.

//Tuomas