The simFlight Network Forums

Link Trainer Help

Dear Mr. Dowson.

Many years ago I operated a Link Trainer which as you may well know derived its various reading to the instruments from the attitude of the basic movable structure. Now I am old and find myself with time on my hands I have become interested in looking into making a moveable aircraft like structure but operated from FS9. This means that I require outputs from FS9 showing all of the dynamic data readings from the ASI, Artificial Horizon, Compass, Di, VSI etc. Can you tell me if any of these parameters are available from FSUIPC so that this information can be used to drive a Link like aircraft from the FS9 simulator? In other words whereas the Link mechanical attitudes drove the aircraft instruments, as now we have the Microsoft simulators doing all that I want to drive the structure from FS9.

Brian Barber

bgbarber@tiscali.co.uk