The simFlight Network Forums

Majestic Q400 V-speed calculator and setter

Chris Warner

• 3 years later...

This is a 3 year and some necro of an old post, but first I would like to say thank you very much to Chris Warner for this script. Secondly, I did a few changes to make it work a little bit better.

Updated version (and other script as I make them) can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nof8k0k3m8juqzs/AAC5pulYtgMzdl5HyndcQhV4a?dl=0

/Henrik Bergvin

On 13/11/2017 at 5:14 PM, Henrik Bergvin said:

Updated version (and other script as I make them) can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nof8k0k3m8juqzs/AAC5pulYtgMzdl5HyndcQhV4a?dl=0

/Henrik Bergvin

Hi Henrik

I saw your Lua script to move the condition levers and have set it up for my Q400!  Thank you!

I've also linked this page in a related topic on this forum - http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/2625/using-fsuipc4-offsets-to-move-condition-levers#Item_12

I hope you don't mind!

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 11:42 PM, peter_h said:

Hi Henrik

I saw your Lua script to move the condition levers and have set it up for my Q400!  Thank you!

I've also linked this page in a related topic on this forum - http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/2625/using-fsuipc4-offsets-to-move-condition-levers#Item_12

I hope you don't mind!

Peter

Not at all, thank you :) The scripts are there to be used! If there's anything else you need, let me know and I'll take a look at it :)

On 11/30/2017 at 7:05 PM, Henrik Bergvin said:

Not at all, thank you :) The scripts are there to be used! If there's anything else you need, let me know and I'll take a look at it :)

Thanks again Henrik ;-)  Do you use any other scripts for the Q400?

I'm going to try to learn how to make my own and seeing examples is a big help.  I'm thinking about building a button/switch box that will act as the Q400 autopilot panel and hope to be able to write the scripts for this.

23 hours ago, peter_h said:

Thanks again Henrik ;-)  Do you use any other scripts for the Q400?

I'm going to try to learn how to make my own and seeing examples is a big help.  I'm thinking about building a button/switch box that will act as the Q400 autopilot panel and hope to be able to write the scripts for this.

I mostly fly the Q400 with FS2Crew, so I tend to not use the scripts so often - though the vspeed one is definitely one I use repeatedly - too much twisting of knobs :P

• 3 months later...

Chris and Henrik thank you for your efforts on these great little tools!!! Since I am trying to write a lua script to automate the procedure to Cold and Dark state based on your scripts, I would like to ask for your help in how to locate the numbers of the corresponding levers, switches etc. (e.g. Control Lock, Parking Brake, Main Bus Tie and so on) as you probably have done in the following (from the VSpeeds.lua):

SetQ400Value(180709, 0)
    ipc.sleep(100)
    SetQ400Value(93613, 0)
    ipc.sleep(100)

I tried the Log option of the FSUIPC but I can only find the Control Lock. I would appreciate any help!

19 hours ago, Christos Ch said:

Chris and Henrik thank you for your efforts on these great little tools!!! Since I am trying to write a lua script to automate the procedure to Cold and Dark state based on your scripts, I would like to ask for your help in how to locate the numbers of the corresponding levers, switches etc. (e.g. Control Lock, Parking Brake, Main Bus Tie and so on) as you probably have done in the following (from the VSpeeds.lua):

SetQ400Value(180709, 0)
    ipc.sleep(100)
    SetQ400Value(93613, 0)
    ipc.sleep(100)

I tried the Log option of the FSUIPC but I can only find the Control Lock. I would appreciate any help!

Hello,

The after landing flow was not something I made myself, but was already there from the original script. However, to find these values, you'll have to look up the corresponding function. There is an excel document containing these, if you look in Prepare3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\doc\ExtInterfaces\. In addition, in the XML folder is the tool you need to get the CRC value to call. The value passed in the SetQ400Value and GetQ400Value methods is the resulting CRC from the tool.

So for instance, if I want to set the domelight switch, I'd put in electricsData_->control.domelight_sw in the tool to get 68081 as the result, and as such I'd use that in the SetQ400Value method.

Hope this helps you out :)

• 1 month later...