The simFlight Network Forums

Sudden Slow Frame rates

Hogdriver

Hello all, I have been playing Tower since it first came out and have enjoyed it incredibly but something has changed recently. For some reason I am now getting very slow frame rates I would say around 10 fps (yes guessing, not sure if there is a way to check exactly). The only thing I have done as far as changes was to reinstall a couple of airports because I noticed they weren't installed anymore, no not sure why they weren't. This happens on all of my airports now, from JFK to SEA, doesn't matter the size or if I drop my ARR/DEP down to half it still does this. I have no clue as to why but if anybody has any ideas please let me know.

Ryan

Windows 7

I7 3.40ghz

16gb ram

GeForce GTX 760

Edit: I'm running 4.777.995

Edited by Hogdriver

Hello. 

I have had a similar problem with my Tower 2011!. A little while ago I also had a frame rate drop, but mine was not as big as hogdriver's. But it was noticeable. The only map I do have a huge frame rate problem is on EDDF where my frame rate is incredibly slow. (Less 10fps I would say)

I had a look at my Task Manager but it doesn't look like anything is being launched in the background. 

Thank you for your support.

Yves.

Here's an update, First thanks Vic for the suggestion, I did take a look and didn't see anything as far as antivirus.

I have uninstalled all of the airports and Tower 2011 sp4 completely and have re-installed it with nothing other than the default airports and real traffic, and I'm getting the same bogging down slow frame rate issue, however it is loading a little faster now. I looked in my control panel and programs and noticed that the only thing that has changed recently was a new Microsoft.net Framework was updated, when I installed Tower it said that a C++ is not compatible with tower and that it is a newer version in my computer, I am not a programmer so not sure if that is something to look at or not but I thought I would go ahead and mention it.... Any ideas???

• 2 weeks later...

Yeaaa that kind of scares me, not sure where or how to do that. Please advise me on where to look for that. I did look in the Programs install/Uninstall under the control panel but I don't believe it is there. I'm willing to try it but just give me a heads up on where to do it from...C++ stuff makes me nervous.