The simFlight Network Forums

A SPECIAL REQUEST

Hi Pete and everyone else. Greetings from Trinidad and Tobago. I understand that you are out till April 12th. I have been meaning to ask this for a long time. Would you consider writing a program using widefs that would allow me to add more undocked panels to my homemade cockpit ?  

I have a captain's side 737/ generic homemade scratch built pit and I undock panels to different monitors in the flight deck. This allows me to fly more than one airplanne.  I would like to add more panels / monitors using the video card in my client computer. There is a four monitor limit on the desktop side. Maybe its the limit on the flight simulator, I'm not sure about that but I would buy a program from you that will enable me to put my aft overhead and radio panels in permanently.

May God bless you and yours. Thank you for your great work.

Michael

If I remember correctly, a second copy of FSX (or P3D) on the second computer would allow exactly this: Search for "shared cockpit" in multiplayer mode.

There are some issues with that, so you might want to use WidevieW or OpusFSX Live View.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of this.