The simFlight Network Forums

Could Someone Give me Advice with Aircraft Autopilot Configuration for Long-Haul Flights?

Hello there,

I have been enjoying some extended flights recently; and while the experience has been great, I have encountered a few issues with the autopilot settings that I am hoping you can help me resolve.

I have found that the autopilot often struggles to maintain the correct altitude and heading during cruise. This is especially problematic on long flights where maintaining stability is crucial. I’ve tried adjusting various settings; but the issue persists.

I have already Adjusting the vertical speed and altitude settings.
Re calibrating the heading and course inputs.

Ensuring that the aircraft’s weight and balance are correctly set for the flight plan.

Despite these efforts, the autopilot still doesn’t perform as expected. I am wondering if there are specific settings or configurations that I might be missing. Additionally, are there any recommended add-ons or updates that could improve autopilot performance for this aircraft model?🤔

Also, I have gone through this post; https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91526-msfswithfsuipc7bat-golang/  which definitely helped me out a lot.

I am also open to suggestions for resources or tutorials that might help me better understand and fine-tune the autopilot systems.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and help.😇