The simFlight Network Forums

MSFSwithFSUIPC7.bat

zorzini

Hi,
could be possible to exclude also the file MSFSwithFSUIPC7.bat from overwrite with new one when an FSUIPC7 updated release will be installed ?
This because I add extra command lines in order to add other functions during startup process like run Mobiflight connector etc.

If not I will continue to save the old one and also looking in the new one batch file if are different lines.

Thanks

34 minutes ago, zorzini said:

could be possible to exclude also the file MSFSwithFSUIPC7.bat from overwrite with new one when an FSUIPC7 updated release will be installed ?
This because I add extra command lines in order to add other functions during startup process like run Mobiflight connector etc.

May be best to give your modified one a different name?

Pete

26 minutes ago, Paulcoy said:

While were on the subject. Mine never opens MSFS2020. Any ideas why

Are you using a steam or ms store (or boxed) version)?
Check the start command in the MSFSwithFSUIPC7.bat file in your FSUIPC7 installation folder (paste it here if you do not understand it). There has been another support request where the installation was not detected as a MS Store install (as MSFS hadn't been ran before installing FSUIPC7), and so the start command added is for a steam install, even though the user had an MS Store installed version.

John

hello and happy new year 2021

@ zorzini

could we have an example of another application execution in your script?

I follow myself made a script that I execute via my streamDeck

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq TrackIR5.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "TrackIR5.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next1
start "" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe"

:next1

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq NavigraphSimlink.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "NavigraphSimlink.exe">NUL
start "" "%ProgramFiles%\Navigraph\Simlink\NavigraphSimlink.exe"
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next2

:next2

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq Navigraph Charts.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "Navigraph Charts.exe">NUL
start "" "%ProgramFiles%\Navigraph\Navigraph Charts\Navigraph Charts.exe"
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto end

:end

thank you

@Paulcoy The command in your .bat file that starts MSFS is this one (on line 7):
    cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch
If that's not working, I suspect that your shell AppsFolder variable hasn't been set/defined, or maybe its a permissions issue.
Does it work if you run as an administrator?
You could also try to see if you can open your shell:AppsFolder manually: press [Windows]+R, type shell:AppsFolder in the Open text box (Figure A), and press Enter.

John

Thanks for your reply. I can open the shell:AppsFolder manually using your above method , and can see MSFS in there. As for running bat file as Admin, I get the splash screen then FSUIPC7 starts but no sim. I have no idea about setting variables for the AppsFolder. Many thanks Paul

2 minutes ago, Paulcoy said:

and can see MSFS in there.

As Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe ? Then I'm not sure why it  isn't working. Maybe you are using a different shell?
Do you have a desktop icon to start MSFS that works? I so, right-click, select Properties, and show me the URL that that uses.

John

The AppsFolder just says Microsoft Flight Simulator. And to start sim I have one icon in the Start Menu and the ususl one I use on the Task Bar neither have a Properties option including AppsFolder (ie via right clicking ). The exe file has the following url   C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe  Hope this helps Paul

2 hours ago, Paulcoy said:

The exe file has the following url   C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe  Hope this helps Paul

So you installed MSFS under Program Files. Thats  not a good idea as its a Windows protected folder. However, I am still surprised that it doesn't work running as admin...

I'm sorry, but as I don't have an MS Store install I don't know what to advise (if running as admin doesn't work).
if I were you, I would uninstall MSFS and re-install outside of Program Files (e.g. in C:\MSFS) as this would prevent many possible issues down the road...

There are a couple of other things you could possible try:
   - setting cmd.exe to always run as admin (see google for this)
   - change the 'cmd.exe /C start...' line by specifying a an  admin user with runuser, e.g.
             runas /user:username  cmd.exe /C start shell:....

John

FYI, I have no found that its now possible to start FSUIPC7 with MSFS by using the EXE.xml. For the next release, I'll switch to using this method.
I will still provide the batch file as an optional install, but this will only be used to display the splash screen and start MSFS, not FSUIPC7.
This will be a far better method to start FSUIPC7 with MSFS. 

John

Edited by John Dowson
corrected DLL.xml to EXE.xml

Ok Many thanks John. I did purposely install MSFS outside the C drive, but sneaky Microsoft stilled slipped in there 😀.  Am I right in thinking it doesn't matter which you start up first, and that FSUIPC doesn't have to run as Admin ?