The simFlight Network Forums

C2 Professional Flight Console with Digital Avionics Stack

Can you kindly tell me what Drivers I need to buy/download to enable my equipment (as detailed below) to work with: PMDG 747-400X. It appears that I need to install FSX Service Pack 1 and probably 2?

Once before installed FSX Service Pack 1. Subsequently, The C2 Professional and Avionics were unable to control the PMDG 747-400X.

My Equipment:

Precision Flight Controls...

C2 Professional Flight Console with Digital Avionics Stack

Precision Flight Controls...told me I have to contact you, in this regard?

Thank you

Ray Bryer

Can you kindly tell me what Drivers I need to buy/download to enable my equipment (as detailed below) to work with: PMDG 747-400X. It appears that I need to install FSX Service Pack 1 and probably 2?

Sorry, I have no idea which version of FSX the PMDG aircraft requires. That is a question for PMDG.

Once before installed FSX Service Pack 1. Subsequently, The C2 Professional and Avionics were unable to control the PMDG 747-400X.

The flight controls should work okay. The autopilot implemented by PMDG is their own and I don't know of any hardware which will drive it directly, though I think they had some contract arrangement with GoFlight. PMDG have never released any form of SDK to allow others to interface to their products -- at least not without some hefty fee up front. You would need to pester PFC if you think they ought to be paying PMDG a load of dosh for you.

At best you might find keystrokes are assignable to some of the PMDG functions, but then you would need to purchase a Registration for FSUIPC4 and program all of the relevant PFC avionics buttons and dials to send keystrokes to PMDG. Not very pretty I'm afraid, but I nkow some folks have done such things.

Precision Flight Controls...told me I have to contact you, in this regard?

Well, I do the freeware PFCFSX.DLL which interfaces their hardware to FSUIPC4.DLL You need to install the latter first, then the former. I wrote the PFC stuff for my own use but PFC liked it more than their own so use it instead.

I think their consoles are very nice indeed, but no hardware is really suited to any of the PMDG models as they really designed it all to be driven on-screen, with the mouse. I think they never have considered cockpit builders a useful market for them. I do use PMDG flight models myself, but with no panels -- all of my instrumentation, including the autopilot, is from Project Magenta, which is handled all through FSUIPC4 so it is easy to integrate with PFC goods.

Regards

Pete