The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC to set reverse thrust. New option!

Hey there,

Im Brazilian and sometimes i will have some problems trying to explain things but im gonna try...

I just bougth the saitek X52 joystick and i think that is very cool, however, i dont have the reverse thrust at the throttle axis.

But i came up with a new way to set the reverse thrust, but i couldnt make it work out.

My ideia is to set a joystick buttom plus the throttle axis, for instance: joy buttom 7 + throttle axis = reverse thrust

I mean, if i push or pull the joystick throttle axis without pushing the buttom it will work normally, just increasing and decreasing the engine power from idle to toga, however if a press the joy buttom and them push or pull the joy throttle axis it will work as the reverse thrust increasing or decreasing the reverse power. Then i release the buttom and it become the normal throttle control again.

Is it possible? Could you understand what i tried to say?

I think that it is possible with the FSUIPC but i couldnt do it by myself cause i dont know how to deeply use fsuipc.

Im waiting for some help

Kind Regards,

Felix

My ideia is to set a joystick buttom plus the throttle axis, for instance: joy buttom 7 + throttle axis = reverse thrust

I mean, if i push or pull the joystick throttle axis without pushing the buttom it will work normally, just increasing and decreasing the engine power from idle to toga, however if a press the joy buttom and them push or pull the joy throttle axis it will work as the reverse thrust increasing or decreasing the reverse power. Then i release the buttom and it become the normal throttle control again.

I understand, but it is not something I've contemplated doing.

I think that it is possible with the FSUIPC but i couldnt do it by myself cause i dont know how to deeply use fsuipc.

No, it is not possible. Sorry. There are ways of sending FS controls at any point on an axis, but not to make a control (botton or key) change completely the range and calibration of an axis.

Quite honestly, it would be quite a horrendous task to add such a feature to FSUIPC. There are plenty of good options for reverse engagement as it is. Don't forget even those aircraft with a really strong reverse would only need a very short range of travel - 20% at most of the overall axis range, and in reality much less as the speed control in reverse is rather, er, missing.

In general, when using ony the one axis it is better to calibrate with that small reverse range, and perhaps make a detente position on your throttle lever slot to provide a positive idle position, one you can feel. That is easily done with a small piece of plastic or rubber, just to narrow the channel in which the lever moves very slightly.

Regards

Pete

I am afraid of set the reverse at the same axis and perhaps use the reverse thrust at the airborne.

That's why I suggested glueing a [iece pf plastic or rubber on the axis slot to form a detente.

The other way is of course to do it like in reality, with another lever assigned as the reverser.

Regards

Pete