The simFlight Network Forums

FSX FBW

Hi Pete i want to ask you can i use the FCUIPC to turn on and off the default FBW of FSX? Also inside the FSX.cfg in realism settings section there is a command " AutoTrim=False ". Can i also togle this command through FCUIPC? Many thanks.

Hi Pete i want to ask you can i use the FCUIPC to turn on and off the default FBW of FSX?

FBW? Fly-By-Wire? Do you mean the Airbus stuff?

There are three FS controls which you can assign. I don't know whether they work. I think they relate to switches on the Airbus overhead:

FLY_BY_WIRE_ELAC_TOGGLE Turn on or off the fly by wire Elevators and Ailerons computer.

FLY_BY_WIRE_FAC_TOGGLE Turn on or off the fly by wire Flight Augmentation computer.

FLY_BY_WIRE_SEC_TOGGLE Turn on or off the fly by wire Spoilers and Elevators computer.

These are also mapped to FSUIPC4 offsets 07B6 to 07BB including "failed" flags.

Also inside the FSX.cfg in realism settings section there is a command " AutoTrim=False ". Can i also togle this command through FCUIPC? Many thanks.

Autotrim? What aircraft is that implemented in? There's no sign of any access to an autotrim facility in SimConnect. Does it work?

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete and thank you for your response. Yes it is about the fly by wire system of default airubs of fsx. The only thing i need to know is that if these three commands they are enable or disable it. Also i think about the auto trim i told you might be part of the fly by wire system above. Many Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hi Pete. about these three commands they toggle the airbus protection on and off. The default a321 of fsx has a default fly by wire wich is inside the aircraft cfg under [airplane_geometry] section in the very bottom line.

The parameter is: fly_by_wire = 1. This parameter defines that this arcraft will use the default fly by wire system that fsx has and if i turn the value from 1 to 0 this means that the aircraft will not use the fly by wire system. It is something like toggle fly by wire active or not. The thing is that this fly by wire is perfect and much much better than other fly by wire systems currently available on market or on net. The bad thing about this module is that it is not working with other autopilot's except the auto pilot of the default a321 of fsx. I am using the project magenta auto pilot for the airbus (the fcu) with the following results. When in normal flight with the pm fcu off it is working great but when i engage the pm fcu everything are going crazy. So can we add a command to fsuipc to toggle the default fly by wire of fsx on and off or active and inactive? Many thanks.

The parameter is: fly_by_wire = 1.

Yes, but that's defined in the Aircraft.CFG file.

if i turn the value from 1 to 0 this means that the aircraft will not use the fly by wire system. It is something like toggle fly by wire active or not.

Well, it is, but only by editing the CFG file and reloading the aircraft.

So can we add a command to fsuipc to toggle the default fly by wire of fsx on and off or active and inactive? Many thanks.

And how exactly do you propose that is implemented? There is no facility other than in the CFG file to change that. Have you hacked into FSX code and found a way?

The three commands I listed for you are the only mention of any controls for FBW in SimConnect. The full description in the SDK is:

FLY_BY_WIRE_ELAC_TOGGLE:

Turn on or off the fly by wire Elevators and Ailerons computer.

FLY_BY_WIRE_FAC_TOGGLE:

Turn on or off the fly by wire Flight Augmentation computer.

FLY_BY_WIRE_SEC_TOGGLE

Turn on or off the fly by wire Spoilers and Elevators computer.

Are these descriptions incorrect? If not, I would have thought that if they were all toggled off the FSX FBW wouldn't be doing much at all!

Also, there is a separate FBW package listed in Project Magenta downloads. Doesn't that work?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete and thank you for your responce. Yes there is the pm fly by wire available wich is very good but i think it is still need more development to become a " true " fly by wire system so i think at this point all we have is the fsx fly by wire system.