The simFlight Network Forums

Panel failure mode 3BDD

Hi All,

We have just finished building a flight simulator project, and part of this project was an external instructor operator station for injection of failures.

The offsets used are the one’s listed in the programmes user guide, the guide has one offset that is listed as unknown. In the Panel failure mode section, (3BDD).

After some experimentation it turns out that his unkown parameter 3BDD fails the avionics master. Please feel to update the documentation as appropriate.

Thanks

After some experimentation it turns out that his unkown parameter 3BDD fails the avionics master. Please feel to update the documentation as appropriate.

Can you please tell me what Simulator you are referring to, and which document?

In the FSX offsets list in the SDK it states that 3BDD controls the electrical failure. In fact it is assigned to the Simconnect variable called "PARTIAL PANEL ELECTRICAL". Offset 3BDB is "PARTIAL PANEL AVIONICS"

In FS9 and before, yes, 3BDD is listed as "? (unknown)", so i assume you are using FS9 or before? If so, thanks for the info, I will update the older list when you confirm.

Regards

Pete

• 4 months later...

HI Pete,

Sorry for the long delay in reply, I didn't check the forum for some time!

Ok the info you wanted:

Flight Sim is: fs9

Document is: FSUIPC for Programmers

Apologies again for the relay!

The Table extract is below:

3BD6

Panel failure modes (FS2002 and FS2004 only): one byte flag/control for each of the following ―partial panel‖ modes:

3BD6 ADF (both on FS2004)

3BD7 ASI

3BD8 Altimeter

3BD9 Attitude Indicator

3BDA COMM1

3BDB COMM2

3BDC Compass

3BDD ? (unknown)

3BDE Engine (see 0B6B for separate engines)

3BDF Fuel Indicator

3BE0 Heading Indicator

3BE1 NAV1

3BE2 NAV2

3BE3 Pitot heat

3BE4 Transponder

3BE5 Turn Co-ordinator

3BE6 Vacuum

3BE7 VSI

Ok

Ok