Photo

Aileron Trim Offsets. (For slower smoother trim)

aileron trim control slower

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jetblst

jetblst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hi Pete or anyone who might help.

I just used the example given in the main user guide for my registered copy of FSUIPC for the off set elevator trim. With further reading I see I needed the FSUIPC for programers to get the offset for aileron trim. I would like to use the same procedure for my aileron trim.

I seached the FSUIPC for programmers and only found the offset for HELO trim. IE

0C06

Helo bank (aileron) trim control: ・16383 to +16383, but only when ―ApplyHeloTrim‖set to ‗oth・.

Is this the offset for aileron trim as well?

2EB0

Aileron trim deflection, in radians, as a double (FLOAT64). Right turn positive, left turn negative.

I am new to the offset procedure and would appreciate guidance. THANKS SO MUCH!

This works wonderful as I have my X52 set up so I have an AXIS for trim, then another button style trim for slower and then I use my mousewheel as trim for very fine trim adjustments.

:)

#2 mgh

mgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

How about

0C02 2 Aileron trim value/control: –16383 to +16383

#3 jetblst

jetblst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Well, THANK YOU fine sir that did it!! Very nice in deed.

So the aileron OFFSET is 0C02 and the PARAMETER I am using is 64/16383 for the SWORD INCREMENT and 64/-16383 for the SWORD DECREMENT, and it works VERY VERY well. Much more realistic to the actual aircraft of which I fly.

For anyone wishing to use this for your ELEVATOR TRIM the OFFSET is x0BC0 and I use the same parameters for the SWORD INCREMENT and the SWORD DECREMENT as above.

The real benefit of this is I have now been able to offload the trim task from one of my axis wheels on my controller and I no longer need the mouse wheel as this is fine enough tuning for what I need.

Thanks so much mgh!! :) Where and or how did you find what the offset number was so I can experiment with others.

#4 Andydigital

Andydigital

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMacclesfield

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

There is documentation included in the FSUIPC SDK. Link taken from this page http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html The SDK is listed under the FS2004 section of the site but its actually the same SDK for all supported versions i.e. FS2004, FSX and Prepar3d.

http://fsuipc.simfli.../FSUIPC_SDK.zip

supporter1.jpg
Cheers,
Andy.

#5 mgh

mgh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Where and or how did you find what the offset number was so I can experiment with others.

From FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf. You can down it (with other documentation) by going to the thread Download Links|Documentation on this site

#6 jetblst

jetblst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Yes absolutely. I must have missed it as I did go through that doc before I posted here about the problem. Either way THANKS so much. If I may, are you any good at offsets for axis? I dabbled with it a while ago and got lost. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket