The simFlight Network Forums

Can't create mouse macro in fsuipc4

I got fsx a couple of weeks ago and purchased fsuipc4 (I have fsuipc3 for fs9).  I went to create a mouse macro but the box that should be showing while I did the mouse clicks wasn't there.  I thought I saw it flash on the screen for a second then went away.  I've done them in fs9.  I was making one for my iFly 737 plane and was in the 2d panel. I'm running win7 pro 64 and 8gigs ram.  Any ideas.

I got fsx a couple of weeks ago and purchased fsuipc4 (I have fsuipc3 for fs9).  I went to create a mouse macro but the box that should be showing while I did the mouse clicks wasn't there.  I thought I saw it flash on the screen for a second then went away.  I've done them in fs9.  I was making one for my iFly 737 plane and was in the 2d panel. I'm running win7 pro 64 and 8gigs ram.  Any ideas.

Most FSX aircraft don't have many if any gauges programmed using the Microsoft C/C++ Gauge SDK. The mouse macro feature only works with such gauges which are getting fewer and fewer. I think many folks interface to iFly using the iFly2FSUIPC program. It may be responsive to L;Var writes too, but I don't know. Are there any ideas in the User Contributions subforum?

Pete

About the only thing I was going to use it for was having a macro that when I pushed a button on the flight stick, it would open the ground services in the ifly menu.  I did it in fs9, but in fsx the ifly menu is under add-on menu's.  So I couldn't use the one for fs9.  It's not that big of a deal.  I just have to open it with the mouse.

Edited by johnk51

About the only thing I was going to use it for was having a macro that when I pushed a button on the flight stick, it would open the ground services in the ifly menu.  I did it in fs9, but in fsx the ifly menu is under add-on menu's.  So I couldn't use the one for fs9.  It's not that big of a deal.  I just have to open it with the mouse.

How was it done in FS9? No in a menu then?

Pete

I fly fs9 in window mode.  So when I made the macro I pressed the iFly on the menu bar, then ground services.  That was it, the power and air menu popped up and all I had to do was select power and air.  But I can't get the macro button to show up in fsx so I can end the macro.  Maybe it has to do with iFly 737s.  I could try the default 172 to see if it works with that.

I fly fs9 in window mode.  So when I made the macro I pressed the iFly on the menu bar, then ground services.

I don't understand that -- it surely wouldn't be a "mouse macro". Perhaps you mean just a sequence of keypresses wrapped up as a macro? The mouse macro option works by calling code in gauges, it doesn't work with the menu bar.

But I can't get the macro button to show up in fsx so I can end the macro.

The macro "button" to finalise a macro file is the same button you had to use to start making the macros for that file. It doesn't move or disappear, only the label on it changes from "begin" to "end". There's one such button on both relevant FSUIPC option tabs -- 'Key Presses' and 'Buttons + Switches'. If it wasn't there you couldn't even start making a mouse macro. The only part of making a macro file you won't see if it isn't possible is the pop-up window inviting yu to test the macro via the TAB key, and give the macro a name. That will only appear when you click the mouse on some part of some gauge which can have a mouse macro implementation.

So, I am really not understanding anything now of what you are trying to do nor how you are trying to do it.

The mouse macro system is the same in FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4.

I could try the default 172 to see if it works with that.

As far as I recall there are very few places on any of the default FSX cockpits (or even the FS9 frgault cockpits) which support mouse macros, so I think that would be a waste of time. And I've no idea whether the iFly gauges support mouse macros. Did you look through the User Contributions subforum at all?

But whatever aircraft you load, the menu system in FS does not change, and mouse macros cannot be used on menus in any case, as I said. I suspect you are using some other mechanism and are confuisng it with the mouse macro facility.

Regards

Pete

That's probably it.  I went to buttons and switches and pushed create mouse macro.  In fs9 after I did that I went and selected the keys I needed to and then I had it.  I attached the macro so you can see what happened.  This is my fs9 one.attachicon.gifiFly737.zip

That contains this (which it would have been easier to simply paste in the message:

[macros]

1=ifly73

1.1=K73,16;I

1.2=k51;3

1.3=k71;G

That is NOT a "mouse macro" but an ordinary sequence of key presses. It cannot possibly be made using the "create mouse macro" facility. It can only be done using an editor and entering each line manually. It even has comments added to it (;I ;3 and ;G), so it is quite obviously made in an ordinary editor. FSUIPC never adds comments!

It does TAB+ I, then 3, then G -- maybe, though there's a chance that won't work because the "shift" codes for the 3 and G keys are missing. It should be:

[macros]

1=ifly73

1.1=K73,16

1.2=K51,8

1.3=K71,8

This cannot invoke an FS9 menu entry, because that needs "ALT" to start with. And key sequences don't in general work with FS menus, because once the menu system opens the focus changes from the FS screen into the menu system and the other keypresses are lost. The only way is really to program it as a Lua plug-in, because they carry on running in their own threads.

So, to conclude, I think you are compeltely mis-remembering what you did with FS9. You need to work out again how to do what you want with FSX.

Regards

Pete