The simFlight Network Forums

FAQ: Embraer Phenom 100 by feelThere LE

scoobflight

Q. What is the feelThere LE Level of Simulation?
A. Sometimes you just want to fly, or you are new to flight simulation, and don't wish spend 30 minutes preflighting an aircraft. Maybe today you don't want to spend much effort to create a flightplan and programming a flight management computer. feelThere LE aircraft are designed to be detailed enough to immerse you in the simulation experience and quickly get into the air from power-up to takeoff. Many systems are modeled, just not every system. You will find the level of detailed is greater than any flight simulator default aircraft. The systems that are modeled behave correctly; or are only slightly simplified. LE aircraft are designed for fun … which is the point for playing Microsoft's Flight Simulator.

Q. Where is the APU start/stop switch/button?
A. there is no APU on the Phenom 100. the aircraft is run off battery power or a GPU. the phenom uses only battery/GPU power for engine start. (just like the real aircraft)

Q. where is the red beacon switch?
A. there is no red beacon switch on the Phenom. when you begin the engine start sequence the red beacon comes on automatically. the red beacon will turn off when both engine start knobs are in the OFF position. (just like the real aircraft)

Q. how do i engage engine reverse thrust?
A. the Phenom's engines do not have reverse thrust. (just like the real aircraft)

Q. how do i change the autopilot's primary navigation source? (ie, go from GPS to NAV1 radio)
A. press the PFD's CSI softkey to cycle through the primatry navigation source modes.

Q. how do i make the PFDs and MFD screens larger?
A. The main panel screens can be enlarged by a right-mouse-button click. To reduce the
display click again with a right-mouse-button.

Q. how to i program VNAV information into the FMS?
A. the Phenom is a 'LE' product and does not simulate all systems. Please review the manual sections that cover the use of the FLC, ALT, VS and VNAV autopilot buttons on how to use aircraft's vertical navigation modes.

Q. i use FSX and the plane is black and the panel doesn't correctly display.
A. the Phenom requires that FSX is updated to SP2. the Phenom will not work correctly unless FSX sp1 & sp2 are installed.

Q. How do i use/program the FMS/GPS?
A. the Phenom is a 'LE' product and does not simulate all systems. The aircraft is programmed to use the default FS GPS to simulate a limited FMS. please review the manual for information about the interface between the panel and the FS GPS. for more information about the default GPS see the FS 'LEARNING CENTER'.

Q. I can't enter a new waypoint into the flightplan using the FMC's keypad.
A. the Phenom is a 'LE' product and does not simulate all systems. The aircraft is programmed to use the default FS GPS to simulate a limited FMS. please review the manual for information about the interface between the panel and the FS GPS. for more information about the default GPS see the FS 'LEARNING CENTER'.

Q. how do i silence the 'caution/warning' alarm?
A. press the PFD's far right softkey.

Q. during takeoff the co-pilot doesn't say 'V1, rotate, etc.'
A. after setting the takeoff v-speed on the PFD, and just prior to taking off you must press the 'cheat button' on the glareshield (the silver speaker grill just above the autopilot's ALT button).

Q. when i resize the MFD display the map size isn't changed.
A. this is a limitation of the FS default GPS. once you re-size the MFD you then need to resize the GPS map display.

Q. where is the autobrakes knob?
A. the Phenom doesn't have autobrakes. (just like the real aircraft)

Q. where are the spoiler controls?
A. the Phenom doesn't have spoilers. (just like the real aircraft)

Q. there are no liveries with aircraft registration numbers.
A. the registration numbers were removed because of copyright concerns.

Q: How do I re-download the product?

A. if you did purchase from feelThere you need to contact BMTmicro with purchase information (date, creditcard, email address) -

call 800-414-4268 (USA/Canada) / +1 910-792-9100 (international customers).

once you collect your installer burn it to a disk and write the key-code on the disk (top, not the 'read side').