The simFlight Network Forums

Wilco Vol 2 A330 Throttle issue

Hello All,

I begin with "I know this has probably already been answered before" and I am very non technical. 

I cannot get the throttle levers or trim wheels  to move on my  Wilco vol 2 airbus a330. The throttle levers and trim functions work on all my other aircraft  both addon and default. I have tried to get help from wilco but it has been months since I heard from them.

I saw a post that looked similar to the problem I having but it was very technical and I didn't fully understand what to do.

If there is a solution to this problem could someone keep it as simple as possible please.? 

My system is a Dell xps desktop...win 7/64..quad core. 3.4 .... Nvidia .GeForce gt610....I do have fsuipc 4.936

Thanx in advance

EC

I cannot get the throttle levers or trim wheels  to move on my  Wilco vol 2 airbus a330. The throttle levers and trim functions work on all my other aircraft  both addon and default. I have tried to get help from wilco but it has been months since I heard from them.

Have you tried just using standard default FS settings? Are you trying to use FSUIPC? Best to test with normal default settings in FS first.

For FSUIPC help, there's really not enough information here for me to advise.

Regards

Pete

If I change FS settings then my other planes will not respond correctly.  I

How do you mean? Change what FS settings?

All I am saying is that if the Wilco aircraft cannot be operated correctly without FSUIPC, then there is something wrong with it. maybe it's a bad install? Unless you test it with FS as it is you cannot really know whether it's your FSUIPC settings which need to change.

I have used fsuipc to set reversers but that is all because I don't know what other settings to use.

So you've not even assigned anything to operate throttles and trim? I don't understand why you'd assign to reversers first.

Are you using different levers for reversers and assigning to FSUIPC's "direct to calibration" reverser controls? Without assigning throttles there's no other way, unless you mean button operation via "Throttle decrement" controls.

what other fsuipc info do you need

Just obvious things, like are you assigning in FSUIPC, and if so what to? You seem to have answered that by saying you've only used it for reversers. So, until you assign throttles and trim how can you know whether it is okay or not? I'm not really clear why you are reporting here before doing anything?

Regards

Pete

I'm sorry as I said Im not tech savvy.  I do not know how to assign  throttles and trim in fsuipc. 

Ah, so you aren't using FSUIPC! :???:  So why are you writing your questions to this forum, which is support for FSUIPC?  :???:

btw when u say FS do u mean flight sim if so do u mean fsx controls(which is  what I have)

FS = Flight simulator, of course. FSX = Flight simulator X. Have you never seen these abbreviations before?

If you cannot use an add-on aircraft with FSX's own facilities then I'm afraid it is a bad or corrupted add-on. you either need to get support from the maker, or, maybe, try reinstalling it in case it is simply corrupted.

Regards

Pete

Ok thanx for that explanation of FS (sometimes u tech guys get a little carried away with your abbreviations) I just wanted to be sure  and FSX (which I understand) and I have downloaded many addons but wilco is the only problem Ive had

I just downloaded fsuip 4.936 yesterday from your  website.   I have used fsuipc before I was just asking how do I assign throttles and trim

I will reinstall the Wilco Vol2 A330 and see what happens.....thanx again for your help

I have used fsuipc before I was just asking how do I assign throttles and trim

All assignments are done in the FSUIPC menu -- axes in the Axes tab, Buttons in the Buttons & Switches tab and Keys in the Keys tab. It is no different for throttles or trim than any other function you may wish to assign. The user guide explains it, and there are pictures to help.

But if your aircraft won't work with default FSX assignments it is unlikely to be any better with FSUIPC assignments.

Pete