The simFlight Network Forums

Issue with FSUIPC4

Is there any more information? Check the FSX Modules folder for an FSUIPC4.LOG file -- this will at least show (a) if FSUIPC4 got to run at all, and if so (b) how far it got.

And use the Windows "Event viewer" to look for the windows-detected crash which must have led to this report in the first place.

One of the more usual reasons for this sort of error to occur is a corrupted WX (weather) file, or a corrupted "weatherstationlist.bin" file.  The problem with those is that, being binary, they aren't properly checked and when FSUIPC asks SimConnect to supply the weather, bang.

Pete

Pete I followed the advise on the same issue posted in the forums. That problem resolved itself. Now FSX crashes. Im also having other software issues that seem to have started when I installed FSX Acelleration.

I will uninstall FSX completely then do a reinstall. Hopefully that will sort this issue out.

Edited by Rob Touchtone

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.938a by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=64020000

User Name="XXXXXXXX"

User Addr="XXXXXXXXX"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

140 System time = 22/12/2014 17:35:45

140 FLT path = "C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

172 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

468 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1139 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

1139 SIM1 Frictions access gained

1232 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

1232 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

1232 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

1232 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

7566 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

7566 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

7566 FSUIPC Menu entry added

7613 C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\save it.FLT

7613 missions\The Good Life\Sitka\Sitka.PLN

7613 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

7613 missions\The Good Life\Sitka\Sitka.PLN

78079 System time = 22/12/2014 17:37:03, Simulator time = 17:35:53 (23:35Z)

78079 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint3"

84131 Starting everything now ...

85145 ASN active function link set

85145 Ready for ASN WX radar

85379 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

134582 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 56 secs = 25.1 fps

Edited by Rob Touchtone

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.938a by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=631D0000

User Name="XXXXXX"

User Addr="XXXXXXXX@gmail.com"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

78 System time = 23/12/2014 18:35:27

78 FLT path = "C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

2324 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

2356 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

2527 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

2527 SIM1 Frictions access gained

2543 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

2543 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

2543 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

2543 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

23229 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

23229 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

23229 FSUIPC Menu entry added

23291 C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\save it.FLT

23291 missions\The Good Life\Sitka\Sitka.PLN

23291 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

23291 missions\The Good Life\Sitka\Sitka.PLN

146017 Weather Mode now = Theme
Edited by Rob Touchtone

Sorry Pete.It is from my first post you asked for the log info from the modules folder. I start FSX and it will start for about 2 minutes and crash. Here is the log file.

Your first post had a "Flight Simulator has detected a problem" window citing FSUIPC4.  You then said the problem resolved itself.  Since then there has been no further description of any problem. You say "FSX crashes". Why do you point to FSUIPC4 now? Have you got the same Window reporting this? Did you check the details in the Event Viewer as I asked?

I can't help with no information. The log just shows FSUIPC loaded okay and was running happily. no more. That's only part of the answer. The rest depends on more information about what is happening and what Windows says about it. don't you see that? I'm not peering over your shoulder, I need you to describe things and get information.

Bed time now. I'll be on late tomorrow, things to do in the morning ...

Pete

I solved the issue Pete. It was a different file all together causing the headache. It had to do with the FS Dreamteam Addon Manager. I updated the VIRTUALI Add On Manager for FSX over a week ago. It was the very last thing that I did before this issue came up with the 

This just started today, I have NOT added anything new or installed any Hardware or Software.

Capture_zpsaebee913.jpg

I solved the issue Pete and it had nothing to do what so ever with FSUIPC. I had to go back to the very last thing that I did before this screen popped up. I installed FS Dreamteams KIAH scenery. I played with FSX for a week with no issues at all. Then the screen above popped up and then FSX would CTD. So naturally I ASSUMED ( and we all know what happens when we assume) that as listed in the screen shot that FSUIPC was the culprit.

The culprit turned out to be FS DREAMTEAMS VURTUALI SAGI  Addon Manager. I updated it to the latest manager but what I figured out was on the last FSX crash log the last entry was VIRTULI.dll  

So here is what I did. I went back to FS Dreamteams website and downloaded the Add On manager file again. placed the EXE file for the Addon Manager on my desktop. temp disabled the Antivirus, right clicked and ran the EXE as administrator. re launched FSX and everything seems to now work. (fingers crossed.)

I apologize for the earlier confusion, I was getting frustrated and had to step away from the computer for a day and think about what could cause this issue and try and remember what I did before this started.

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and best wishes.