The simFlight Network Forums

CTD Help Please

I have tried everything out there with no luck. New hard drive, clean install. The latest FSUIPC works great on P3D, with ASN running. With, or without ASN running for FSX, it crashes with the latest FSUIPC installed. Yes, If I remove FSUIPC, it runs fine but then of course I cannot connect to my VA ACARS. Here is the crash report:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: SimConnect.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fad5b6

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000042a3

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

I can't really help with a crash in SimConnect. It may happen only when FSUIPC is used because FSUIPC uses SimConnect 100% of the time. 

Does it crash at any old time, or during start up?

Can you see if there's an FSUIPC4.LOG file produced. If so, please show it to me.

Pete

No log found. FSX runs fine on the startup screen. Once I start a flight, it crashes.rsion (P3D only standalone)?

If you get that far there is most certainly a log. There will be two in fact, one from the Installer and one from FGSUIPC run-time. You probably have Windows hiding the filenames from you and calling them things like 2text files" and "configuration files". Please just change the Folder options in Explorer!

Is there a way I could get a previous version (FSX only standalone) and the current version (P3D only standalone)?

A previous version of what, and why?

I cannot confirm what your problem is, but it is most likely acorrupt Weather file. The log should tell me.

Pete

Ok, there is no file called "log" Below is off the FSUIPC4.fsx text file. Is this what you need to see?

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.939k by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside Prepar3D v2 on Windows 7
... Prepar3D has been renamed as "fsx"
Module base=68660000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
        0 System time = 20/04/2015 12:26:16
        0 FLT path = "C:\Users\Wayne St John\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
        0 Trying C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
       32 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
       47 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
      328 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      328 Failed to find CONTROLS timer memory location!
      328 ### Failed to obtain SIM1 Frictions access: no frictions facilities available!
      328     Reason 6: SIM1 base=20B80000
      328     FrictionAddr=20C06628 contains 5886DCCC
      328     BrakingAddr=20C078E8 contains EBF045DD
      328 ASN active function link set
      328 Hook Error: can't find .42 in SIM1.dll
      328 Hook Error: can't find .42 in VISUALFX.dll
      328 WARNING: Failed to find FS Controls Table!
      328 WARNING: Failed to install Mouse Macro hooks!
      328 Wind smoothing is by ASN, not FSUIPC
      328 Will switch smoothing action when ASN starts/stops
      328 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      328 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
      328 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
      328 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
      328 FSUIPC Menu entry added
      344 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
      344 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
    29734 System time = 20/04/2015 12:26:46, Simulator time = 12:26:15 (19:26Z)
    34726 Starting everything now ...

Ok, there is no file called "log" Below is off the FSUIPC4.fsx text file. Is this what you need to see?

That IS a file with filetype log!!!!  It is called FSUIPC4.fsx.log to be exact. You ignored me when I asked you to changed the folder option so you didn't have Windows hiding things from you as if you are an idiot!

Running inside Prepar3D v2 on Windows 7

... Prepar3D has been renamed as "fsx"

The problem you have is that you are running FSX but the Registry says it is Prepar3D. So FSUIPC is treating it as a renamed P3D. How on Earth did you get into such a mess?

Please find the Install text file which is also a LOG, and show that to me. I might be able to help you unravel the mess your system is in.

After you've changed the Windows Explorer option so you can see filenames properly, check whether there's a "Prepar3D.exe" file in your FSX folder -- there should not be. It may be that which is fooling FSUIPC that you are using P3D renamed as FSX (which folks apparently do to install programs which don't know about P3D).  Delete Prepar3D.exe  if it is there.

Pete