The simFlight Network Forums

Had to reformat HD and lost FSUIPC info

Good morning Peter,

I have recently moved and low and behold I had hard drive crash; had to reformat the HD and lost alot of my FSX data; one being FSUPIC 4.0.  I did save the initial email after purchase with download and key info, but my email was lost also.   Any ideas?   I had to change my email address also.

Many thanks,

G

Lost all your keys to other FS add-ons too? You do really need to make backup of these things, on paper, CD or another PC.

You can retrieve your Registration details from your SimMarket account. You'll need to use your original Registration email, both to access the details and when registering.

BTW, there is a thread in the FAQ subforum ("Frequently Asked Questions") which tells you what to do if you lose your key.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for the quick reply.   I will check out the FAQ section.....sorry didnt see it when I looked initially.

I thought I was pretty good at backing up all the addons...had on the PC and on a stick.  But couldnt access the data on the PC and the stick data was corrupted LOL.   Looks like I am back to the old tried and ture of paper and pen!!!

Thanks again Pete.

G