The simFlight Network Forums

Crash error

Hello Peter,

Yesterday I started a flight in FSX and the FSDT COUATL "live" manager said I needed to install the latest update.  Even though you can download it while in FSX, I always like to close FSX and download their latest manager which is currently 3.0.0.9.  Yet I already had this version installed so not sure what it need to update.  Anyways after installing the update, when I start FSX now I get and error saying their is a problem with the FSUIPC add-on and recommends me not use the add-on as it may cause issues.  It gives you a choice to run the FSUIPC add-on or not.   If I chose to run it with the COUATL manager installed it crashes FSX immediately to desk top.  If I decide not to run the FSUIPC add-on FSX runs, but the FSUIPC module is turned off.  If I completely uninstall the COUATL manager from FSX, I still get the error message for FSUIPC add-on at start, and if I accept to use it FSX will run and upon restarting FSX does not show the error again.  Unless I try to install any FSDT product that installs the COUATL manager, then it's right back to the same issue.  I've contacted FSDT and they say it's a FSUIPC issue, even though I never had this problem until I tried to download their "live" update.  I have spent hours trying to figure this out.  I have removed everything from the  FSUIPC module folder in FSX and reinstalled v4.947 but no luck.  I still get the error now with or with out the COUATL manager installed.  I'm at a loss so any help would greatly be appreciated.  I do have a registered copy of FSUIPC from Simmarket.  Thanks for your time, Crash.

Just to be clear here, I have completely removed all FSDT products as instructed by FSDT forum, this definitely seems to be a FSUIPC issue now.  I'm just not sure what caused it.  Like I said, before I downloaded the update from FSDT FSUIPC was working fine.  I am still getting the error message upon installing FSUIPC v4.947 and starting FSX.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/crashbar/Error.png

Edited by crash77

It is not an FSUIPC problem because it happens before FSUIPC is even loaded. In fact it is a SimConnect problem, a very long-standing one.

I too have had problems specifically with COUATL, and only managed to get around them by juggling with the different entries in the EXE.XML and DLL.XML files, which control the loading order by SimConnect.

If you wish me to suggest changes (my system is now okay) I'd need to see your EXE.XML and DLL.XML files.

Pete

Thanks Peter for your time, I hope these are the files you are talking about from the FSX file from App>Roaming>Microsoft:

Note: this is with FSUIPC installed

DLL:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VRS_TacPack</Name>
    <Path>Modules\VRS_TacPack\VRS_TacPack.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>MILVIZPACK</Name>
    <Path>Modules\MILVIZ\Milviz_pack.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>MILVIZ_F15E_Nav</Name>
    <Path>Modules\MILVIZ\F15E_Nav.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

EXE:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-nogui</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
Edited by crash77

I don't have any FSDT products installed.  I am getting this error with all FSDT products completely uninstalled.  

So what was all that earlier on about COUATL? Now i've no idea what your current remaining problem is. Sorry. Perhaps you should re-explain without the confusion?

There's no point in showing me files for a system with no problem. There's nothing to fix!  After all, you said:

If I completely uninstall the COUATL manager from FSX, I still get the error message for FSUIPC add-on at start, and if I accept to use it FSX will run and upon restarting FSX does not show the error again.

This is a common problem with SimConnect. It should then run if you allow it to. The problem is a long-standing one in SimConnect. It was much worse in the original FSX release, and they tried to fix it in SP1 and again in SP2/Acceleration, but not entirely. It's a timing problem in the "trust" system they implemented (nicely removed in P3D). I assume you ARE using a fully updated version og FSX?

Pete