The simFlight Network Forums

Reverse throttle in P3dv2.

Hi,

I am trying to get reverse throttle at my CH Throttle Quadrant for the default aircraft Beech King Air 350 but it fails all the time. I follow the: Configuring FSUIPC with CH USB Yoke ... ... .. by John Cook but it fails all the time. Reverse will not works otherwise the throttle works OK.

What am I doing wrong??

Is there any flightsimmer who has done this settings and with luck?
If so will you present part of your FSUIPC4.ini file!

I am trying to get reverse throttle at my CH Throttle Quadrant for the default aircraft Beech King Air 350 but it fails all the time. I follow the: Configuring FSUIPC with CH USB Yoke ... ... .. by John Cook but it fails all the time. Reverse will not works otherwise the throttle works OK.

Do you get reverse throttle using Throttle Decr (i.e. F2 key)?

I don't know what John Cook says, but it doesn't matter what throttle axes you use, you just need to assign separate throttles (anywhere, anyway) -- or if you only have one, assign it to the generic throttle and map it to the separate throttles by checking that box in the Calibration tab -- then calibrate just making sure the "No reverse zone" option is not ticked.

Pete

I got my new CH Throttle Quadrant a few days ago and have tested a lot.

In FS9 all throttle levers work OK, reverse thrust at lever 1 and 2 to throttle 1 and 2, all OK.
Levers 3 and 4 to prop pitch 1 and 2 with reverse as feather works OK.
Levers 5 and 6 to mixture 1 and 2 with reverse to fuel cut of, all works OK,
This tests are at a Twin Otter 2 eng turbo and FSUIPC 3.999z8.

In FSX same tests as for FS9 and all works OK. This tests are at Twin Otter 2 eng turbo and default King Air 350 2 eng turbo. FSUIPC 4.948e.

In P3D V2.4 tests failure.
FSUIPC is 4.948e

First configuration:
levers 1 and 2 to throttle 1 and 2, reverse thrust DOES NOT work.
Levers 3 and 4 to prop pitch 1 and 2 with reverse as feather works OK.

Second configuration:
levers 1 and 2 to prop pitch 1 and 2 with reverse as feather works OK.
Levers 3 and 4 to throttle 1 and 2, reverse thrust works OK.

FS9 CH Tthrottle Quadrant settings are:
Lever 1 to joy 2 axis X
Lever 2 to joy 2 axis Y
Lever 3 to joy 2 axis Z
Lever 4 to joy 2 axis R
Lever 5 to joy 2 axis U
Lever 6 to joy 2 axis V

FSX and P3D CH Tthrottle Quadrant settings are:
Lever 1 to joy 2 axis X
Lever 2 to joy 2 axis Y
Lever 3 to joy 2 axis Z
Lever 4 to joy 2 axis R
Lever 5 to joy 2 axis V   different from FS9
Lever 6 to joy 2 axis U   different from FS9

The problem is in P3D first configuration, reverse thrust doesn't work,
In P3D second configuration I have change levers 1 and 2 to prop pitch and levers 3 and 4 to throttles. And now throttle reverse thust works OK. Prop pitch still OK with reverse as feather.

From my point of view FSUIPC cant handle output from Joy 2 axis X and Y when they are assigned to throttle 1 and 2.

Or what am I doing wrong?

I got my new CH Throttle Quadrant a few days ago and have tested a lot.

FSUIPC4 is different to FSUIPC3. So I won't comment on your difference in results from FS9 to FSX.  FSUIPC3 is no longer under development and I no longer have any way of checking it in any case.

FSUIPC4 operates IDENTICALLY on FSX and P3D. there is no difference whatsoever in any area relating to axis, button, key assignments nor the control set. Assuming you have disabled controllers in both FSX and P3D (essential to prevent cross-intererence) then if you have different results in the two USING THE SAME SETTINGS then the difference is being imposed by either the sim itself or the aircraft model being used.

Copy your FSUIPC4.INI file from the FSX Modules folder to the P3D Modules folder.

Also note that P3D 2.4 is out of date. If you are staying with version 2 and not purchasing version 3 you should at least update to version 2.5.

Pete