The simFlight Network Forums

FSX SE

Sid

MOVED FROM THE .NET DLL PROGRAMMING SUBFORUM!

Dear All,

Yesterday i ve moved to FSX Steam with trough new clean installation (No old version), when installing fsuipc i pointed the  path to : D/Fsx Se/steamapps/common/fsx, during the installation i got the attached image message, and after that could not launch Fsx cause FSX.exe was missing !! also noted that Steam application was re dowloading the game, i ve replied to that message about the FSX location : YES

pls any help i don t want to reload again the game

sid

post-99060-0-31581300-1455368019.png

MOVED FROM THE .NET DLL PROGRAMMING SUBFORUM!

Please always post support questions to the Support Forum. The .Net DLL subforum if for programming questions when using Paul Henty's .NET DLL.

Yesterday i ve moved to FSX Steam with trough new clean installation (No old version)

No old version of FSX-SE, or no old version of FSX? If you had a previous version of FSX, how did you uninstall it? FSX tends to leave traces in the REgistry if you aren't careful.

when installing fsuipc i pointed the  path to : D/Fsx Se/steamapps/common/fsx,

Evidently the installation of FSX-SE went wrong then, because that only happens if the registry entries for the sim aren't correct.

during the installation i got the attached image message, and after that could not launch Fsx cause FSX.exe was missing

If FSX.EXE was missing then the FSUIPC installer would not have accepted the path you entered (it does check). The fact that you got that message means the Inmstaller most certainly did see FSX.EXE at that location. What told you that FSX.EXE was missing?

!! also noted that Steam application was re dowloading the game,

Evidently either Steam had not finished installing before you attempted to install FSUIPC, or some checks the Steam App applies showed that it did need re-downloading.

pls any help i don t want to reload again the game

Why not? I should think allowing Steam to finish installing, or even re-installing, would be the most sensible and best way to solve your currently bad installation.

BTW there is an FSX/FSX-SE forum on AVSIM which would be able to help more fully with general FSX/FSX-SE questions like these.

Pete

First i ve formated my Pc, then went on clean install only for Fsx Se, also ive created a folder on D that named Fsx Se before starting the download from Steam App

Right. So it seems that download didn't complete, or went wrong in some way. You might need Steam support.

Pete