The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Controller Unitilty

Hi,

Am trying to set up my controllers - Saitek yoke, quadrant plus quadrant and CH pedals - for C172 and Beech Duke. Managed to do all the buttons and other axis but cannot get the elevator to operate. In push mode the control goes directly from 0 to full with no graduation, however when in opposite direction the full range of negative values operate.
Also, when trying to set up Beech Duke for 2 engine the second lever (middle on first quadrant) is also zero to full direct - like an on/off switch. I am not very computer literate, but would really appreciate some help to resolve my problem. The prospect of loading an aircraft with preconfigured controls is sufficiently encouraging for me to persevere.

I am using it with EZDok and Track IR which I have now managed to set up, but with a dramatic elevator and right engine going from off to full instantly, a crash is all I can expect.

Help will be much appreciated,

Jaycem

Hi,

In push mode the control goes directly from 0 to full with no graduation, however when in opposite direction the full range of negative values operate.

I think this may be a symptom of one of the commonly reported problems with Saitek devices -- the installation appears to create the incorrect Registry entries. I think the Saitek support forum may have solutions posted, probably involving editing the Registry.

Please see the FAQ subfurm, the thread "Some Saitek axes only provide partial movement" may be partially applicable too.

I am not very computer literate, but would really appreciate some help to resolve my problem.

I cannot help directly, as it is not an FSUIPC problem (it can only work with whatever the device provides), and I don't use any Saitek devices.

Pete

Thanks for the help, are there any controllers that are recommended with FSUIPC?

FSUIPC is not a hardware controller. It deals with FS controls. Providing a device provides good reliable inputs then you can calibrate it. If a device misbehaves then it can do little about it.

Personally I don't like Saitek devices, but they are the most popular -- probably because they are relatively cheap -- and folks do manage to get them to work well. I don't know why their installer sometimes makes the sort of mess you describe, but I'm sure it's not too hard to fix. Did you follow the suggestions I made?

Pete