The simFlight Network Forums

Distance to runway

Delphi

Hi Paul,

currently I'm working on a RAAS system. The FSUIPC DLL  Longitude/Latitude Helper Classes is a big help in the realization of the project. I wonder if it is possible to calculate the distance from a aircraft position and track to a runway FsLatLonQuadrilateral, based on Longitude/Latitude Helper Classes functions.

Thanks for your help!

Rüdiger

• 3 weeks later...

For creating a RAAS system maybe this small program i enclose could be of help.

Program "RwyLength.rar" enclosed.

You must copy the original "Runways.txt" file that is created when you run "MakeRunways" > "makerwys.ex" (by Pete Dowson) into your actual working Folder where RwyLength is installed.

(Runway.txt file is 100MB)

This program is extracting:

ICAO, country, City, Apt-name

.....   Rwy-ID,    length in ft,   le in meter,    le in  nautic miles.

creating a new txt-file you can use and extract data.

RwyLe.JPG

regards

Raimund

RwyLength.rar

• Upvote 1

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:13 AM, Delphi said:

Hi Paul,

currently I'm working on a RAAS system. The FSUIPC DLL  Longitude/Latitude Helper Classes is a big help in the realization of the project. I wonder if it is possible to calculate the distance from a aircraft position and track to a runway FsLatLonQuadrilateral, based on Longitude/Latitude Helper Classes functions.

Thanks for your help!

Rüdiger

""" calculate the distance from a aircraft position and track to a runway """

What do you mean exactly ?

Just on Ground or also from Aircraft-Air position to any  Rwy Center-Start-Position. Maybe i can help you. Given Lat/Lon it is easy to calculate.

Raimund