The simFlight Network Forums

weather programs and fsuipc

Hello folks, I'm just wanting to know what weather programs you support.

Meaning I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get AS12 working with simconnect on another computer.  Had it working at one time . but after it went down I have never been able to get it back up. has always caused me problems. Fsuipc , however has not. its been my companion for several years with no problems that cannot be fixed.

Simconnect is another story for me.

So I'm needing to know, what other programs like AS12, AS16, Rex etc.  can be networked from another computer using fsuipc and Widefs. instaed of SimConnect.

Simconnect to me is to finicky, tired of messing with it.

Thanks.............................RobertCC

6 hours ago, Mr. Midnight said:

So I'm needing to know, what other programs like AS12, AS16, Rex etc.  can be networked from another computer using fsuipc and Widefs. instaed of SimConnect.

They all need SimConnect, though maybe AS2012 was the last to also support FS9, in which case you can probably force it to use FSUIPC / WideFS instead. But AS16 is so superior, such a vast improvement, that it would be a mistake to go backwards.

Why would you want to run the weather program on a separate PC to FS in any case? It really doesn't take much away from FS's performance -- barely measurable. If weather updates are causing hesitations or stutters on your FS then they will do no matter how they originate. The data has to be fed into FS one way or another, and it's the resulting computations and graphics work, anyway, which take the computing power in FS. Just keep things simpler, like the maximum number of cloud layers and the distance away from the aircraft things are drawn.

Pete