The simFlight Network Forums

B737/ProSim Park brake release

Hello,

For some reason the behavior of the park brake release has changed in my sim. This happened over a year ago. I have a solenoid to release the park brake lever that is operated by ProSim.

Not sure if it is ProSim or FSUIPC related, but might be FSUIPC since it has to do with how the brake is released. Either by key press in P3D or by brake pedals being depressed so FSUIPC releases the park brake. When using key press it works all the time and ProSim releases the park brake, but when depressing the brake pedals the solenoid does not release, but the brake in P3D releases and ProSim also acknowledges this but does not activate the release solenoid.

So my question is, what is the difference when FSUIPC releases the brake, what signal is sent and how. This could explain why ProSim fails to pick this up.

Please see for full description http://prosim737.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9777&sid=d54f5f8d828e105304e9a5ae8c1d586b

Patrik M

1 hour ago, PatrikM said:

Not sure if it is ProSim or FSUIPC related, but might be FSUIPC since it has to do with how the brake is released.

FSUIPC "BrakeReleaseThreshold" facility has not changed since it was introduced in FS9 days. I use it all the time, with ProSim.  But  I don't have a solenoid to release it, I have to operate the switch/lever too.

1 hour ago, PatrikM said:

So my question is, what is the difference when FSUIPC releases the brake, what signal is sent and how

FSUIPC simple uses the standard FS BRAKES control -- the same one pressing '.' does with default assignments in FS. Why don't you just enable FSUIPC event logging and see the events being sent.

Surely, it's the pressing of the brake pedals which you need to check on, in ProSim. I think you are looking in the wrong direction. The difference is not in the brake release but in the trigger to release the brakes.

Pete