The simFlight Network Forums

P3D V4 - Load aircraft into sim then CTD

Hello.

I am having an issue with FSUIPC 5. When i load an aircraft and start up at any airport, after around 5-10 seconds, the sim simply closes or crashes to desktop.

I have tried deleting the DLL file, and when i do, the sim runs normally, so i am confident FSUIPC is the culprit. I have ORBX Global, PMDG NGX and a couple of aerosoft sceneries installed, otherwise a clean install.

I have installed 5103 and then 5103j.

It is a registered version.

Any help appreciated.

Adam Reed

fsuipc log.txt

On 7/22/2017 at 5:23 PM, adsuk8751 said:

I am having an issue with FSUIPC 5. When i load an aircraft and start up at any airport, after around 5-10 seconds, the sim simply closes or crashes to desktop.

I have tried deleting the DLL file, and when i do, the sim runs normally, so i am confident FSUIPC is the culprit.

The problem is almost certainly caused by a corrupt weather file. The reason it occurs with FSUIPC running is that it reads the weather regularly from SimConnect so it can properly populate the data areas it provides to client applications.

The log confirms this, as the crash occurs immediately after the weather reading is enabled. 

It isn't FSUIPC itself crashing, but SimConnect or WEATHER.DLL, when it tries to decode the corrupted file. Unfortunately all the weather files are not only in binary but also unchecked --there is no check mechanism implemented for them. 

Try deleting the wxstationlist.bin file, which is in the same folder as your sim's CFG file (users AppData\Roaming etc). Also deleting or move to another place the .wx files from your sim's documents folder. Those files contain the weather loaded when a flight loads. Without them you'll just get default weather until you or a weather program changes it.

Pete

Hi Pete

I have tried what you have said - deleted the wxstationlist.bin and the .wx files - still crashing the sim.

Are you saying this is the weather files from active sky that are corrupt - as activesky itself doesent crash the sim?

Regards

Adam

2 minutes ago, adsuk8751 said:

re you saying this is the weather files from active sky that are corrupt

No. ActiveSky doesn't spply any. It would be those loaded initially by the sim, beofre ActiveSky starts control.

7 minutes ago, adsuk8751 said:

I have tried what you have said - deleted the wxstationlist.bin and the .wx files - still crashing the sim.

Have you an FSUIPC log related to this, so I can see if it chaned anything?

To prove whether it is weather-related or not, you could try adding NoWeatherAtAll=Yes to the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI file. That stops it asking anything from P3D about weather.

The other thing I've only just noticed is that you are loading the PMDG  737NG. If that isn't the very latest update for that add-on it could well be the problem. Can you look for an update?

Pete