The simFlight Network Forums

continuous movement for "repeat when pressed"

Im using offsets for trim control, checking "repeat when pressed" for further motion. However when holding the key, it registers a single movement (size of parameter per key press), and then only a second later does it actualy start moving continuously. I know its not a major problem, but can it still be edited?

5 hours ago, brauner1 said:

Im using offsets for trim control, checking "repeat when pressed" for further motion. However when holding the key, it registers a single movement (size of parameter per key press), and then only a second later does it actualy start moving continuously.

I assume you must mean a keyboard key?  If so, this is part of the Windows keyboard system. I don't know if it can be changed. The reason for the delay is so that key presses can be used singly when not held.

If you mean button pressing, then you can change both the initial delay and the repeat rate using the "ButtonRepeat" parameter in the FSUIPC INI file. See the Advanced User's guide, page 19 or so.

Why are you using offsets rather than the standard controls, BTW?  Is it for a non-standard increment value?

Pete