The simFlight Network Forums

Assigning Throttle Lever Button Does Not Work

Pete,

When I pull the CH Throttle Quadrant lever "x-axis" into the detent (idle) and continue down to where the throttle lever rests below the detent the FSUIPC "Buttons and Switches" does not register it as a button.  The actual buttons and switches on the face of the throttle quadrant do register on the "Buttons and Switches" tab.  I have since found that I can assign reverse axis using the "Joystick Calibration" tab but I was wondering if I was mistaken in thinking the lever when resting below the detent used to be recognized as a button where one would assign it using "Select for FS control" then assigning the commands of Throttle Decr and Throttle Cut in the 2 dropdown menu's below.  I've been busy reinstalling my addons and hardware into v4.1 and I might be completely off here.

Using FSUIPC 5.121b, CH Throttle Quadrant (without CH Manager Control) calibrated in Windows 10 only.  Controls, axis and calibration are disabled in Prepar3D v4.1.

Thank you,

Robert

3 hours ago, maxam said:

When I pull the CH Throttle Quadrant lever "x-axis" into the detent (idle) and continue down to where the throttle lever rests below the detent the FSUIPC "Buttons and Switches" does not register it as a button.  The actual buttons and switches on the face of the throttle quadrant do register on the "Buttons and Switches" tab. 

Is it a button seen by the Sim, and/or by Windows' Game Controllers? If so, is the number over 32? FSUIPC can only handle button numbers 1-32 (which it knows as 0-31).

I know the Saitek quadrant has a normal button in the full reverse position, but I didn't know the CH one did. You need to check if the button works at all, and if so what number it is recognised as.

Does the CH quadrant only have one throttle lever? If not, do the others have a button there? If so, are they recognised, what numbers are they?

Pete

Depressing below the detent the lever axis does not present itself as a button within the sim. The CH throttle quadrant's 6 levers only register as axis, the switches on the front face of the CH throttle quadrant has 6 switches and they are the only ones that register as buttons.  You are right about the Saitek throttle and that is why I got confused as I used to own Saitek hardware. That answers my question.

Thanks for your reply.

Robert

8 hours ago, maxam said:

Depressing below the detent the lever axis does not present itself as a button within the sim.

Ah, well, then FSUIPC is not likely to see it either. Both are using the same DirectInput HID functions. Seems those "buttons" aren't true HID buttons.

Does anything see them? Are you sure they are buttons and not just safety stops?

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Does anything see them? Are you sure they are buttons and not just safety stops?

Pete

No, nothing recognizes them, and it may have very well been that way all along.  I have notes on mostly everything for the sim regarding FSUIPC, I do not have any notes for the CH throttle.  There's always a workaround with FSUIPC so I am not too worried.  You've done a great job Pete.

Robert