The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not showing in P3Dv4

I installed P3Dv4.1 and ran it first before installing FSUIPC5. See attached logfile. The install ends without the final popup (after registration) but maybe that's normal.

The only error I see in the logfile is:

Attempt to set the ACL entries for Modules access permissions failed, error = 1332
"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

In the Modules folder there is no FSUIPC5.ini just the .log, the .DLL and the .key

I think this might be a typical Windows 10 (newly installed on a clean machine) thing, but I have no idea what the cause of this problem is. The P3D root dir and AppData/LM folders are shared with R/W.

I did a few stupid things before this: tried to install FSUIPC4; and at a rerun of the installed the famous Windows popup that the program does not work anymore. Solved that one by deleting DLL.XML in the AppData/LM dir.(Also attached)

Dirk

DLL.XML

FSUIPC5 Install.log

14 minutes ago, Captain45 said:

The install ends without the final popup (after registration) but maybe that's normal.

What "final popup"?

The only error I see in the logfile is:

Attempt to set the ACL entries for Modules access permissions failed, error = 1332

That error is strange. According to Microsoft references it means:

ERROR_NONE_MAPPED
1332 (0x534)
No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

As noted in another thread here, there's a bug introduced by a recent Win10 update, and that's in the "ACL" functions, so I wonder if this is another symptom (the other thread one was that the Installer crashed)

This line, however:

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

is most likely just notifying you.  This, from earlier:  

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC5 installed as:
       D:\P3Dv4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL
... No previous valid version found.
Prepar3D v4 Modules Modules folder already exists.
Okay -- installed FSUIPC5 into "D:\P3Dv4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL"
  shows that you HAVE run the Installer before. did you delete the contents of the Modules folder before re-running the Installer?

The DLL.XML is corrupt. There are other threads about this. Please re-download the Installer package and run the installer again. It was a corrupt install upload. You might need to clear your cache first (F5 I think).   And don't forget to run the Installer "as administrator" (a right-click option).   Pete      

This time I cleared everything from the Modules folder+ I cleared every possible cache; I re-downloaded the install from Schiratti; and I installed with exactly the same outcome: no ini file. Oh, and yes, I ran as administrator, of course and I ran it for a second time to be sure.

Dirk

DLL.XML

FSUIPC5 Install.log

Edited by Captain45

24 minutes ago, Captain45 said:

I installed with exactly the same outcome:

No, not exactly. The DLL.XML file is now good.  But, yes, the ACL error is still present.

No INI file is made until you run P3D in any case of course. There are no settings to save, after all.

Did you run P3D after the Install? If so and there's no "AddOns" menu containing FSUIPC, then either it is not loading or it is getting stuck somewhere. In the latter case there should be an FSUIPC5.LOG file.  In the former case something is stopping the loading. For that I'd need to see a SimConnect log file. Please see the thread in the FAQ subforum about how to do that.

It might also be useful to try running P3D4 "as administrator" also, in case the ACL errors you are getting affect it's accesses.

Pete