The simFlight Network Forums

List Var and Parameters

Good afternoon. 

When assigning buttons using List Var & macro commands, it is possible to assign parameters other than 1, 2, 3, etc....

When using custom commands (event ID’s) you also have the option of entering a parameter - some allow you to pick a certain selection (1, 2, 3, etc) there are also parameters for a left or right mouse click. 

Can you do the same when using macros and List Vars? I’m attempting to use a dial similar to the autobrake selector on the 737. Rather than programming multiple buttons on my joystick for each selection, I’d like to click one button to rotate the dial left and another one to turn it right. 

Is this possible without using mouse macros or Linda?

Cheers,

colin

14 hours ago, rowcoach said:

When assigning buttons using List Var & macro commands, it is possible to assign parameters other than 1, 2, 3, etc....

The parameter is any number. You can't have non-numerical values like strings or names etc.

By the way, they are "L:Vars" not "list vars". The L stands for "Local", because they are specific to a particular gauge.

14 hours ago, rowcoach said:

Can you do the same when using macros and List Vars? I’m attempting to use a dial similar to the autobrake selector on the 737. Rather than programming multiple buttons on my joystick for each selection, I’d like to click one button to rotate the dial left and another one to turn it right. 

Is this done by L:Vars? If you mean the PMDG737, then it uses custorm control numbers you can assign, and there are, indeed, numerical parameters for eft and righ mouse button actions. See the list in the PMDG737 SDK folder ".h" file.

Pete

Hello Peter,

Thank you got your reply. I hope you enjoyed your break. 

I was actually curious if you can use those similar parameters in other planes - specifically the Dash 8. There are a couple three way switches in the overhead panel. I have found the L:Vars commands to control them. The parameters would be 0, 1, and 2. I was hoping to use a 2-way rocker switch to cycle through all 3. Using TOGGLE will only pick 0 or 1. 

Can this be done using L:Vars? 

Than you. 

Colin

40 minutes ago, rowcoach said:

I was actually curious if you can use those similar parameters in other planes - specifically the Dash 8. There are a couple three way switches in the overhead panel. I have found the L:Vars commands to control them. The parameters would be 0, 1, and 2. I was hoping to use a 2-way rocker switch to cycle through all 3. Using TOGGLE will only pick 0 or 1. 

Can this be done using L:Vars? 

You'd need three macros all assigned to your switch with and added offset condition, with another assignment also to the same switch to cyclically increment that offset each time the switch was used. There are examples, maybe not quite like that, of such things in the Advanced User's manual for FSUIPC.

Alternatively it can be done with a Lua plug-in instead.

Pete