The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. IsOpen is true because it's connected to FSUIPC7. The counter is probably doesn't update until the player has loaded an aircraft. It should start counting up when you start a flight. This seems correct then. If it's sticking at 219 then there is no activity. The ValueChanged property on 0x337E will be false. So your app knows that MSFS has been unloaded. The activity counter might also stop when the user has ended the flight and is back in the menus. Paul
  3. Today
  4. Just did a test where all the timer did is report the activity count. When I started my app before MSFS was loaded, the total count is 0. After getting to the welcome screen, it still reported 0, even though IsOpen reported true. After restarting my app, I now have a total count of 219. Now, when I close MSFS, the display in my app still shows 219/connected for the current status. I don't understand, because this method works for other parts like aircraft panels. Not sure why it doesn't work here.
  5. You need to be checking the ValueChanged property of offset 0x337E. If you close MSFS and this offset is still changing (counting up), you'll need to ask John Dowson in the FSUIPC7 support forum if he has any other ideas for detecting if MSFS is unloaded. Paul
  6. I tried this offset. I have the same result as when checking IsOpen. The app shows not connected until MSFS is active, then changes to connected as expected. However, closing MSFS while the app is open still results in the connected message staying on screen, even when MSFS has completely unloaded. Restarting my app then displays not connected. Wonder why it's doing this...strange.
  7. So I understand, FSUIPCConnection.IsOpen only checks to see if FSUIPC itself is actively running. It knows nothing about MSFS or its current state. When MSFS closes, my app will always return the last known state of FSUIPC, which was open at the end of the test. To deal with this, I should check the activity counter offset since it can determine if MSFS is currently loaded. I can use the offset for now, but is there a way you can add this as a property to FSUIPCConnection?
  8. Hi Andy, The IsOpen property refers only to the FSUIPC connection, not the flight sim. Prior to FSUIPC7 this was effectively the same thing as FSUIPC ran inside the flight sim. WideClient.exe and FSUIPC7 run outside of the flight sim, so the connection will be open if they are running, even if the flight sim is not. If you want to know if the flight sim is open you can try polling offset 0x337E (activity counter) to make sure it's changing. See the notes in the documentation as there are times it might not update (e.g. loading new aircraft). Paul
  9. I can download the zip file today/now and it doesn't get quarantined, so maybe Microsoft have now corrected this - can you try please? You maybe need to update your virus definitions if you don't have that set to automatic, or wait until you get the latest update, which is Security intelligence version 1.409.501.0 (created 25/04/2024 03:28). John
  10. But this is just not possible. If you move the rudder while moving on the ground, the aircraft will turn, but from the rudder effect not the nosewheel steering. There is no nosewheel steering on this aircraft (as far as I am aware). If it is steering too much via the rudder only (compared to real life), then this is an issue with the model. You may be able to adjust this by updating some of the model parameters, but I cannot help with this - you need to talk to the aircraft developers. What do you mean? If you changed that section of code to exit/return if ground speed was above 20 knots/37 kph, then no differential braking would be used above this speed. You could do that, but I think what you would want is the rudder controls to also work, but it is not clear to me if you want the rudder to work when below this ground speed or above, and this is the section of code that determines when to send the rudder controls: So, please explain exactly what you would like the script to do. You can also try adapting it yourself... Note the following restrictions due to the way the aircraft is modeled - to get these changed you need to talk to the aircraft developers: - the brake lever only moves when you send the BRAKES control, so when differential braking, the lever will not be in the correct position - how the aircraft steers on rudder control only when on the ground is up to the aircraft model John
  11. I have already pinned the topic 'Download link virus detected' to the top, which contains the link to the solution in my response. No. Windows will just quarantine the installer zip file if that is still around. It won't detect anything wrong with FSUIPC7 itself or any of the files installed, so that will not be affected, and even the Install_FSUIPC7.exe is clean. It seems to only affect the zip file, which is why the latest beta is the exe only. When I release 7.4.12, I will provide the usual downloadable zip but also separate downloads for the zip contents - the FSUIPC7 installer, the readme.txt and changes.txt files, and installation and registration guide/pdf.
  12. Sir, I definitely think we're getting close. This last one is the best yet! We still want the rudder to move though. We just don't want it to perform a nosewheel steering sort of function on the ground. What if we change this portion of the script (or a different portion if I've got that wrong) to an airspeed value instead of having "onGround?" Could we maybe do something like 20 knots/37 kph? That way it could work with the funky braking requirements of the Chang on the ground but still be functional as a necessary control surface for takeoffs and landings. function calculateBrakeValues() -- First check if on ground - if not, we can ignore onGround = ipc.readUW(0x0366) if onGround == 0 then -- airborne return end What do you think? -Josh
  13. PS - The confusing thing, I bet for many of us, is that I have the firewall and defender off (too many resources used). I scan at midnight. With all that off, Windows still killed it. ???
  14. Thanks, can you put it at the top like the "Trial License" post? At least it will be seen as a person creates a new topic.
  15. I have a C# WPF app with a main window that controls startup routines. In the main window, I have the following. The user control displays connection status. Unfortunately, the connection status shows 'not connected' when the window loads if MSFS is closed. It will also display 'connected' when MSFS is loaded. When the app is running and MSFS closes, the status remains at 'connected'. It should toggle between not connected and connected based on the status of MSFS/FSUIPC. Any ideas how I can fix it? connectionTimer = new() { AutoReset = true, Enabled = true, Interval = 300, }; // Connection elapsed event. #region connectionTimer.Elapsed += (s, e) => { // Try to open the connection. Otherwise connection timer will do nothing. try { FSUIPCConnection.Open(); FSUIPCConnection.Process(); } catch(Exception ex) { } }; #endregion connectionTimer.Start(); #endregion In the user control embedded into the main window, I have the following. var timer = new DispatcherTimer { Interval = TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(300), IsEnabled = true, }; timer.Tick += async (s, args) => await UpdatePanelControlsAsync(); timer.Start(); private async Task UpdatePanelControlsAsync() { await Task.Run(() => { string status = FSUIPCConnection.IsOpen? "Connected" : "Not connected"; Dispatcher.Invoke(() => { connectionStatusTextBox.Text = status.ToString(); }); });
  16. Yesterday
  17. Yes, I probably should...I was hoping Microsoft would fix this asap, but will create a FAQ entry on this issue for now, and maybe a sticky/featured topic in the FSUIPC7 sub-forum (although there is already one) - not that many people will find these before posting....!
  18. You were right and I was wrong. I found (not easy) your work around and I installed 7.4.11. Thanks. Perhaps you could put the work around in its own post.
  19. This is a false-positive and has been reported many times before. See If you don't want to install, that is up to you. But the fix for this must come from Microsoft in its virus updates, and I do not know how long this will take (it has been reported to Microsoft already). This is a false-positive, and you can install by temporarily allowing the installer to be downloaded and ran - instructions in the link I posted above. John
  20. The website is not encrypted, no https. Although the download itself leads to a https site. The file is flagged by Windows Defender as a Trojan. As we have no way to review the code. I will not install it & wait for audit/fix.
  21. Dear Fabio. I love FlightControlReplay. I have two requests please: 1. the custom camera angles don't seem to persist. I often have to go through and select them all again. Can they persist between sessions, please? 2. Can the current camera angle be shown in the app (small text)? There are some camera angles I don't like so much, but I don't know what ones to delete, as I don't know which angle they are (Eg external #3 or external #7 etc). Thanks and kind regards Rod
  22. There is no virus in FSUIPC7, and no virus is detected in the FSUIPC7.exe. However, since a windows defender virus update a few weeks ago, there is a false-positive detection of a virus by Windows Defender in the FSUIPC7 installer (i.e. in the installer, not in FSUIPC7 itself). There are many posts about this, including instructions on what to do to install FSUIPC7 for the time being. I have also informed Microsoft and hopefully this will be rectified in a future virus definition update. Those version numbers make no sense. Current released version is 7.4.11 That message should be obvious. You are using a version of FSUIPC that is expecting to be used with WASM 1.0.3, but you have 1.0.2 installed. Nothing to do with firewalls. To get rid of this warning, install WASM 1.0.3. Or better still, just re-install FSUIPC7 (including WASM) via the FSUIPC7 installer. It is also only a warning - generally you should be mostly fine running mismatched versions as I try to keep the interface roughly compatible. However, you may have issues trying to use any new features introduced in 1.0.3 (as you are still running WASM 1.0.2), if there were any. John
  23. As a ProSim user I would love to see WXR working again. Thank you very much 🙂 Didier
  24. It should do when no braking is applied... No - the script controls differential braking, which activates when the brake lever is pressed and the rudder has > 16 degrees deflection. There is no differential braking without using the script, unless you have also assigned that directly to your rudder axis. as it is supposed to... Of course, as it is being steered by the rudder. Are you saying that you do not want any rudder changes deflection to be sent when on the ground? Any rudder deflection will effect the steering when on the ground. Why would that help? You can use the letter or the id/number, but the result would be the same. Note that no steering controls are being sent - only rudder controls. It is this that is steering the aircraft when on the ground. You can prevent this, but then you would also see no rudder deflection when moving the rudder when on the ground. Try the attached script for this. i.e. rudder controls only sent when airborne. Please look at the scripts and work out what is happening. If you understand them, you can modify them yourself to suit your needs. John nanchangBrake.lua
  25. You will automatically get a discount on check-out if you have purchased an earlier version of FSUIPC, otherwise no discounts.
  26. No, sir. Still nothing new. The axis still acts like normal nosewheel steering. Yes, the differential braking works (I guess it always did), and the hand brakes work in concert when the pedals are neutral, but it still steers on the ground with just rudder pedal deflection when no hand brakes are applied. The plane would not do that in real life. I even added joy letters (naming the control stick C) to see if that helped. What are you thoughts? Somehow we must remove the nosewheel steering functionality. Were you able to get your Chang to work? - Josh P.S. Maybe I should've shared more of my purpose and background. I'm hoping to develop this model in order to help others learn ground ops on the real life Nanchang CJ-6. I'm not a programmer or a true Simmer; just a pilot hoping to learn new ways of teaching. I bought DCS just so I could get the Yak (it works great with no mods just as in real life), and I got P3D just for the Chang. I was disappointed with the model's functionality and set out to improve it with FSUIPC, but I may have gotten in over my head. I truly appreciate your help. If we can solve this mystery, we may be able to help all sorts of new Red Star pilot types learn how to taxi Migs, L-39s, L-29s, Yaks, Changs and other Eastern Bloc planes w/air systems.
  27. Hi John, Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, some time ago I tried to assign a single button on one of my controls, with no luck. I have changed the 8 to 12 and everything is working fine now. Thank you again Roger
  28. Ah, I do get a rate of ~62ms after turning off the lua plugin logging. Seems like the issue has been resolved. Thank you very much for your assistance. Zamir
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.