The simFlight Network Forums

Sending Joystick Commands to client PC via WideFS

I've searched this forum and although Ive seen others ask the same question the solution doesnt seem obvious.

I have used the Buttons dialog in FSUIPC and selected the "PM ND RANGE 10" to hopefully set the range in Navigation Display of the Regional Jet software but nothing appears to happen.

I'm trying to build my own EFIS and unless I can get this sorted I'm sort of stumped. Is there something I'm missing out here?

John H

Here is a better explanation of what I'm trying to do...

JoystickButton(On Server)-->FSUIPC-->Wideserver--->WideClient(ClientPC)-->Project Magenta ND

In FSUIPC I put "PM ND RANGE 10" with a parameter of "1" to indicate a button press and under it I put "PM ND RANGE 10" with a parameter of "2" for the release.

What have I done wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying -- I've been on holiday with no Internet access. I'm just trying to catch up with an enormous backlog now!

Here is a better explanation of what I'm trying to do...

JoystickButton(On Server)-->FSUIPC-->Wideserver--->WideClient(ClientPC)-->Project Magenta ND

In FSUIPC I put "PM ND RANGE 10" with a parameter of "1" to indicate a button press and under it I put "PM ND RANGE 10" with a parameter of "2" for the release.

Neither of those take any parameter. Just program it on the press.

But very few of the PM facilities work unless you have the PM MCP running. It is the MCP which reads these and controls things.

I think Enrico is considering changing this.

Regards,

Pete