The simFlight Network Forums

Procedure to use goflight with the PMDG 737 (please Pete)

Gentlemen,

Is there any one how can explain step for step the procedure to program or whatever is needed to use the Goflight MCP with the PMDG 737 ?.

I am trying to do it with the FSUIPC but after choosing a task for one of the knobs in the MCP, turning the knob the number code appears in the window and then clicking the OK button is the only thing that can be done but nothing happens and per example, the altitude wchich was suposed to be set with the MCP does nothing at all.

Your support in that matter will be very much appreciated

Javier

Hi Javier

There are a few problems in using GF-MCP with special aircraft like the PMDG 737.

1. Unlike standard FS aircraft, planes like PMDG737 are coded by hand by their authors and do not necessarily conform to "standards".

2. The GF-MCP uses a dll in the fs modules folder which handles the reading and writing of values to/from the MCP displays.

3. If the aircarft being used does not conform, then it just won't work.

You can try, removing the mcp.dll and see if that works, but be aware then that there is no software to update the MCP displays.

To my knowledge, PMDG are releasing an SDK to allow third party coder to interface with eir flight model and operations. Using this would I expect alleviate all problems.

HTH

Ben