The simFlight Network Forums

How to get path to current .PLN file

I am trying to figure out how to get the path/filename of the currently loaded flightplan. I see offsets for the current AIR (3C00) and FLT (3F04) files, but not the PLN file.

Anyone know how to determine the path/name of the current PLN file?

Thanks,

Jason

since you can get the .flt file name, you can read the .flt file, and look for

[GPS_Engine]

Filename=F:\jdekker\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\ktpa-kmlb

then you can open that file up, and read the flight plan

jd

Well, except that it didn't quite work. The problem is that the FLT file only contains a reference to the PLN file if it was created before starting the flight.

If you create a flight without a plan and then use the FlightPlanner menu option this does not "re-save" the FLT file with a refernece to the PLN file. So, I still have no way to find out the current flight plan information.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jason

If a PLN was already loaded and the FLT was saved then that PLN will be recorded in the FLT file. However, I think what Jason is saying is that he needs to detect the PLN in use, even if it was loaded after the launching/saving of a flight or while a flight is in progress.

The PLN is loaded in the GPS right? Well have a look at this post, may be of interest to you:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=26010