The simFlight Network Forums

New data

Pete is it possible to get any of these from FS:

- Tailhook available, ie configured in aircraft.cfg

- Wing fold position?

It would be handy to have this information for my program.

Also I found another reason VB.NET is not a good language for interfacing with FS, there is no native signed byte data type. Can work around it by doing:

If val >= 128 Then
  newval = -(255 - Value + 1)

But it still caused a few hours of frustration :evil: Good news is this type is in .NET v2.0

Pete is it possible to get any of these from FS:

- Tailhook available, ie configured in aircraft.cfg

- Wing fold position?

It would be handy to have this information for my program.

I don't know. I would need to have some way to identify the data -- i.e. see it changing in FS - so I can find it. How is "wing fold" changed, for instance? There seems to be a couple of variables I should be able to map, if I can test them:

LEFT_FOLDING_WING_PERCENT

RIGHT_FOLDING_WING_PERCENT

How quickly would they change and be needed to be checked. If I have to read them procedurally I don't want to have to do it on every frame if I can avoid it. It would be better if I can map them directly, but I'd need to see them changing for that. How do I do that?

I can't find anything which is likely to tell me if there's a tailhook or not -- in FS2004, at least, I think those things which are present are present, and those things which are not, are not. I don't know if the existing mapped "tailhok position" at 3BA0 can tell you?

Regards,

Pete

It would be better if I can map them directly, but I'd need to see them changing for that. How do I do that?

The wing fold is similar to the tailhook funtion - press a key and it animates. By default there is no key assigned,you have to set this up. Then you need an aircraft that uses it, Daisuke Yamamoto's F/A-18E Superhornet (http://flightinfo.ens.ne.jp/FS_KBT/dai.htm) has wing folding.

How quickly would they change and be needed to be checked. If I have to read them procedurally I don't want to have to do it on every frame if I can avoid it.

I would only need to know if they are fully folded, or unfolded. The rate of folding varies per aircraft and is specified in the aircraft.cfg.

ie:

[folding_wings]
wing_fold_system_type=4                       ;0=None
fold_rates=0.12,0.11                          ;Percent per second

Its not a quick change, it could be read every second, there is no need for the position to be read at every interval.

The wing fold is similar to the tailhook funtion - press a key and it animates. By default there is no key assigned,you have to set this up. Then you need an aircraft that uses it, Daisuke Yamamoto's F/A-18E Superhornet (http://flightinfo.ens.ne.jp/FS_KBT/dai.htm) has wing folding.

Its not a quick change, it could be read every second, there is no need for the position to be read at every interval.

I'll have a look.

Regards,

Pete