The simFlight Network Forums

PROJECT MAGENTA - Problem assign Cntl Keys in FSUIPC

Hi Peter,

Forgive me if this has been covered here earlier. I did a search and turned up nothing resembling this issue.

I am programming CDU keys on a client PC using Project Magenta.

Registered versions of FSUIPC and Wide FS are running properly.

I am programming the keys via the FSUIPC Button's applet inside Flightsim 2004.

Here's the problem. I have managed to get all buttons, letter keys, number keys, and LSK keys to function properly.

However, I cannot get the other keys like Menu, Fix, Prog, Crz, etc. to work. In other words, any key requiring the Ctrl key combination does not work.

Now I did view on Project Magenta's forum whereas you discovered and spoke on this issue as well. I also viewed a followup by Enrico acknowledging the problem and stating it would be fixed in the next release of the CDU software.

I currently have the most recent release of the CDU software installed and still cannot get these to function properly.

An example of what I am tryi9ng to do is below:

Programming the Menu key.

Required combination is Ctrl-F6

Wheras Ctrl = 512

and F1= 117

Value required should be 629.

Unfortuantely, none of these work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Here's the problem. I have managed to get all buttons, letter keys, number keys, and LSK keys to function properly.

However, I cannot get the other keys like Menu, Fix, Prog, Crz, etc. to work. In other words, any key requiring the Ctrl key combination does not work.

Now I did view on Project Magenta's forum whereas you discovered and spoke on this issue as well. I also viewed a followup by Enrico acknowledging the problem and stating it would be fixed in the next release of the CDU software.

And was it?

Sorry, I don't actually know whether it was or not. This is a question for PM support I'm afraid.

Any suggestions?

Yes, please ask PM support. I am very sorry, but I simply cannot undertake to support their software as well as all my own. It's a full time job as it is! All FSUIPC can do is forward the code to the PM module. What it does and doesn't do with it as a result needs to be sorted out by PM.

Regards,

Pete