The simFlight Network Forums

Registering WideFS with FSUIPC - Problem

Hello Peter,

I registered my FSUIPC some time long ago when I was living in Australia with an e-mail address of draky@brightonline.com.au and this information seems to be stored in my FSUIPC registration data.

Today I purchased the key to activate my WideFS - the key arrived but when I try to enter this key into the WideFS registration window my old e-mail address of draky@brightonline.com.au is recorded as part of my details. I purchased the KEY for WideFS with an e-mail address of draky@btinternet.com so this is probably why the key will not work as my details are different (change of e-mail address). I do not appear to be able to change the e-mail address in the registration window. Perhaps I am missing a simple step here?.

How do I get round this problem to enable registration for WideFS under the new e-mail address? thank you.

Dave

Today I purchased the key to activate my WideFS - the key arrived but when I try to enter this key into the WideFS registration window my old e-mail address of draky@brightonline.com.au is recorded as part of my details. I purchased the KEY for WideFS with an e-mail address of draky@btinternet.com so this is probably why the key will not work

Yes. As it says in the documentation, both FSUIPC and WideFS have to be registered with the same personal details. The old details really should have been mentioned to SimMarket at the time.

However, all is not lost. If you send both your FSUIPC emailed Key notification and your WideFS one too, to me at petedowson@btconnect.com, I will make you a new Key for one or the other. Just decide which details you want and I'll re-do the other. If you opt to change you FSUIPC Key you will then need to delete the FSUIPC.KEY file from your FS Modules folder and then re-register both.

Regards

Pete