The simFlight Network Forums

Reg FSUIPC + FSMETEO sudden problem with visibility

Hi,

I have used registered FSUIPC 3.48 for some time now. For the weather I am using FSMeteo. Everything has worked perfectly last 3-4 months.

In the beginning I recall setting some values (especially wind smoothening), but since I have been more or less happy I can't exactly remember settings I have been using.

Now suddenly I get only all grey, foggy environment with maybe 5-6 NM visibility. And this is during clear weather (CAVOK).

I have tried everything (reset all fsuipc settings, changing smoothing options...) to solve the problem - however it does not go away and I have run out of ideas how to solve the issue.

Any idea where problem lies. I did update my BIOS (mobo) this week but no problems there.

Best Rgs

\\ Perttu

Hello !

Hi,

Now suddenly I get only all grey, foggy environment with maybe 5-6 NM visibility. And this is during clear weather (CAVOK).

\\ Perttu

Try stop and close fsmeteo.

In flightsimulator meteo setting (not fsuipc) clear all weather (don't know the english option cause I'm a french user) then press ctrl+$ .

Restart fsmeteo ...

It's helped me once I've the same problem .. perhaps it"ll help you to ..

Regards and happy flights !!

Hi,

the first place I would look at would be the visibility page of FSUIPC. Make sure you have the correct limits for the various conditions set there. And next check the "random extend metar maxima" checkbox. If you use FS_Meteo this is grayed out in FSUIPC because it is controlled by FS_Meteo so you must use the apropriate setting there.

Regards,

Frank