The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC & WIDEFS with AMD64

Since June 05 I try to registered my fsuipc & widefs on a homemade sim made with an AMD64 4000 as a client, and a AMD64 FX55 as a server. I put my name correctly , my email correctly and I copy & paste my key number every time I am reject bad key number.

I use the same version and do the same thing on my personal pc it's a P4 and both fsuipc & widefs register perfectly. I try it on my IBM P4 notebook work the first time.

My question is : is there any problem with AMD64 ?

jean-yves

Since June 05 I try to registered my fsuipc & widefs on a homemade sim made with an AMD64 4000 as a client, and a AMD64 FX55 as a server. I put my name correctly , my email correctly and I copy & paste my key number every time I am reject bad key number.

Can you try again, Zip up the FSUIPC.LOG and FSUIPC.KEY files from the FS Modules folder and send to me at petedowson@btconnect.com, please?

My question is : is there any problem with AMD64 ?

No. I have two of them -- an FX53 and an 4000+, both running both FSUIPC and WideFS fine. I really have no idea what could be wrong on your FX55 (the Client won't be relevant at all). There are some mathematical calculations done to check the key, but nothing really complex. I would have thought that if your processor was faulty (say in the maths section) FS and many other programs would have problems.

As a first step let me look at the files and try them here. I'll need to know the operating system too, please (XP SP2?).

Regards,

Pete