The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Button Tab - Flickering

I am experiencing the joystick and button numbers flickering under the Button tab. I have researched a previous post and understand that this is most likely a button contact issue. I've further identified the culprit as the CH Flight Sim Yoke by simply unplugging the USB plug to which the flickering ceases. The question is what is the next step to correcting this problem?

I am experiencing the joystick and button numbers flickering under the Button tab. I have researched a previous post and understand that this is most likely a button contact issue. I've further identified the culprit as the CH Flight Sim Yoke by simply unplugging the USB plug to which the flickering ceases. The question is what is the next step to correcting this problem?

You will certainly need to get the Yoke repaired. There's really nothing I can do on the reception end if a button is contantly flickering on and off.

If you don't want to use that particular button for anything (assuming it is down to one button, which of course it may not be) then you could program the others by editing the FSUIPC.INI file directly -- all the details are in the Advanced User's document. But it isn't very easy without knowing which button is which.

One other thought -- maybe the power isn't right to the yoke. Is it powered separately or via the USB connection? If the latter, are you connecting it via a hub? If so is that hub powered? If not, try re-connecting the yoke directly to a PC USB socket.

Regards,

Pete